Recent Posts

Kim M.
on 7/26/23 12:24 pm - Zionsville, IN
Topic: Has this group migrated?

I was wondering if members in this group have migrated to a facebook group as I do not see any posts in the last year or I am I doing something wrong?

Kim M     

Mom to Emily Quinn, Born 7-16-2010
Orginal Weight 258 / Orginal Goal 145 / Revised Goal 135/ Current 124
Orginal Weight 258/  Pre- Baby Weight 125 / Post Baby 124

Sandraann74
on 2/10/22 7:22 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 10/12/21
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeon that takes Medicaid.

Hey you think you can help me out by pointing me.i. a direction at least please im in San Antonio TX

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 2/2/22 7:59 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: OH National Conference tickets are now on sale! Early Bird Tickets are Limited!

Hello everyone and Happy 2022!

We are thrilled to announce that we have launched Early Bird ticket sales for our National Conference. Visit the Events Page for information on the past events, buy tickets, and get an idea what to expect this year in Southern CA! Get your Halloween costumes ready for the Friday night Meet and Greet that has become an OH tradition and is so much fun!

We are currently working on key topics for the speakers that help to educate us all, as well as bringing back bariatric-friendly product vendors who provide samples to try, so let's please share this information with everyone so they can join us. Keep

Whether you have attended before or are with us for the first time, everyone is welcome to come and be supported in their journeys to health and weight loss! Look for the Early Bird Tickets

See you there!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

White Dove
on 1/17/22 10:12 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: I'm still here...

You don't need nutritional counselling as much as you need a scale. Without a scale, it is like driving a car with no speedometer. You never know how you are doing with your weight if you don't weigh yourself. I almost never have missed a day.

To be maintaining 230 pounds, you need to be eating at least 2,300 calories a day. To lose one pound a week, decrease those calories by 500 a day. To lose two pounds a week, cut out 1000 calories a day. My Fitness Pal is free. Find a way to get a scale and weigh daily. Track everything you eat and drink in the fitness pal.

Surgery only works for a short time and then it is all dependent on what you eat and how much exercise you do. Losing weight and getting exercise will help with the depression. It will also make it easier to find a new job.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Juanita52
on 1/16/22 2:45 pm
Topic: I'm still here...

Well it's been a long time. I have had my surgery with St. Vincent Bariatric Center in Carmel, Indiana about 7 or so years ago. I had the Roux-en-y procedure. My doctor was Brenda Cucucci (or something like that). She was wonderful. However about 6 months after surgery I had to stop going to Carmel because it was too long of a trip. I tried to get IU Health BMH's Bariatric Center to give me regular nutritional counseling but they would agree but wouldn't follow up. I then had to have my gallbladder removed by the gastric bypass surgeon at BMH and he referred me to the same bariatric center and once again they failed me. I've lost weight, then regained weight, then lost weight. You can notice a difference in me but I feel I still need to lose weight. I weigh about 230 right now. I haven't weighed myself recently as I don't go out with all this Covid stuff around. I am suffering from depression and bad anxiety and am on medication for that. I no longer take meds for the diabetes, hypothyroidism, or high blood pressure. I no longer use a cpap machine at night. It's been a give and take situation for me. I want to get back on track and don't know where to start. My other half isn't too helpful. We are both unemployed right now due to health issues. I don't have access to a car, nor do I drive, if I did have access.

HW: 315 GW: 150 CW: about 230 (I don't have scales)

Readyforthischange
on 5/15/19 3:46 pm
RNY on 05/21/19
Topic: RE: searching for people to talk to in the Hobart/ Portage ares

Still looking for local people for support? I'm in Chesterton and scheduled to have RNY 5/21/19. I'm always looking to talk to people that have been through it or are about to have surgery.

axmxb546
on 2/14/19 8:24 am
Topic: Hello, new here

Hi! My name is Amanda. I am currently in the bariatric program and hoping to be ready around the end of June/July. So far my plan is to have the VSG. My doctor requires an upper scope to make sure I'm a candidate and don't require a RNY. He looks for Barrett's esophagus prior to a VSG. Part of the program is to join a bariatric support group. They prefer to attend the in person one at the hospital. Unfortunately, it is offered once a week and doesn't work with my work/life schedule. But they said an online one is acceptable. So here I am. I quit Facebook over 4 years ago, and have no other social media accounts, so I'm a little rusty at this type stuff. So just saying "hi" and getting my feet wet. I thought I'd start out here in the Indiana forum first.

Thanks for reading!

elifritz
on 10/29/18 3:23 am - Columbus, IN
sandragoin
on 9/19/18 6:02 am
Topic: RE: Community Hospital North

I had my surgery there and my daughter and cousion did too .We loved it there

bossmomma_x4
on 5/23/18 9:07 pm
VSG on 06/13/18
Topic: RE: HIP & BARIATRIC SURGERY

Hi, there! It all depends on your insurance. With my insurance, I only had to wait 3 months.

Most Active
Recent Topics