Any Revisions Surgeons in Wichita?

msiris
on 11/21/10 11:32 pm - St Joseph, MO
Thinking about doing a revision from Lap to RNY. Are there any Dr's in wichita that do revisions?

Thanks,
Iris D.
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/10 1:51 am
I don't know about Wichita, but you could check with Tallgrass in Topeka. Dr. Bernstein & Dr. Dunshee both do revisions. Have you checked out the Duodenal Switch? (I was revised from the old stomach stapling to a DS... with that office)
nightowl
on 11/26/10 10:45 am - Topeka, KS
I'd like to say "ditto" to what Nancy L. said.

With the DS (duodenal switch), I am so happy to have malabsorption that won't disappear on me.  For most people with an RNY gastric bypass, the malabsorption of nutrients is forever, but the malabsorption of some calories wears off after around two years.

I went to your profile to see more about you.  Your member interests (at least as of 5 years ago?) part said your husband is in the military.  If he still is, I take it you have Tricare?  Do you have a job that offers insurance that covers weight loss surgery?  Tricare doesn't cover the DS when using a civilian surgeon, sadly.  It does cover the DS if one can get it at a Military Treatment Facility, but it is hard to arrange.  The only surgeon I know of who does them at an MTF is a Dr. Martin at Madigan in Washington State, but I have heard that he may be deployed currently, so I don't think one can get in with him at the moment.

Even though I don't recommend the RNY, if you do go with an RNY because Tricare won't cover the DS and you don't find any other way to get a DS, the doctors Nancy L. mentioned can also do a revision from Lap-Band to RNY.  Also, if you are visiting Topeka due to medical care at St. Francis Hospital, you and your family can stay at the St. Francis House right by the hospital for cheaper than the cost of a hotel.
csamh
on 1/19/11 2:55 am
DId you look up Dr.Villanueva? He is here in Wichita, you can find his number on this website on the find a surgeon link.
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6473 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6379 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7825 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6866 views