Anyone in Overland Park?

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 6:40 am - Overland Park, KS
Hi everyone!

My name is Micah and my family and I recently moved to Overland Park for my husband's job. About two weeks after we moved, I had to begin my pre-op diet and then come back to Kentucky, where we just moved from, to have my WLS. I just had my surgery on 11/18 and now that I'm going to be going back home to Kansas around Christmas, I was curious to know if there were any people in my area that had recently had WLS or if anyone knew of any support groups in Overland Park. 

My surgeon is in Kentucky and suggested to me that finding a support group to go to would be a good idea. I think so too! I'd also just like to make some new friends there - I enjoy being social and experiencing whatever life throws at me! So...if you are in the Overland Park area and have any input or just want to say hi, that would be great!!

Thanks

~Micah 
J J the Jet Plane
on 12/4/11 10:06 am
I am in KC area on the MO side
I know there are several places but I cannot speak to how good they are,  I know they have one at Shawnee Mission Medical Center and one at St Lukes.  I have heard good things about both but never attended.  Good luck on your search! (Im sure there are more I just do not know about them)
JJ
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 12:49 pm - Overland Park, KS
Thank you! I will look into those when I get home (which I can't wait to do, by the way!) and see if I'm allowed to attend. Not sure how that whole situation works :)

Thanks again!

~Micah
kuprincess
on 12/27/11 6:29 am - Olathe, KS
 Hi Micah,

I am from Olathe, KS...which is really close to Overland Park. I just had VSG with Dr.Stanely Hoehn at KC Bariatrics. They have a support group there but it meets at around 3:30 I think. I can not go to that because I can not leave work every week early. I am looking for some support as well. Let me know if you find one that works for you... I might like to go as well!
Isaiahsgrammy
on 12/28/11 5:53 am - SOMEWHERE IN..., KS
Hi...I think there is also a support group at KU Med West monthly.  I have never been but had considered going.  The number there is 913 588-8400.  Good luck!

carol
             Carolyn

MzKeepinOn
on 3/11/12 1:03 pm
 KU MedWest is in Shawnee, Ks. Just off of I-435 and Midland Drive.  I know they have one for the lap band and RNY not sure about sleeve.
kstulipgirl
on 7/28/14 7:22 am

Has anyone found an evening meeting for VSG in Jo Co?

bikrchk
on 9/12/14 4:48 am

I know this is a bit late but I just joined the site. KUMEDWEST (435 and Midland Dr.) the first Tuesday of the month from 6-7 is the sleeve\bypass group.  It's excellent and open to all!

Sweat is fat crying

Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6475 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6381 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7837 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6872 views