MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:50 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

Brenie
on 11/29/07 7:37 am - Abita Springs, LA
I do not think there is anymore doctors that take medicaid in Louisiana for the surgery but Dr. Richardson at Ochsner's in New Orleans, Dr. Lavin's office in Mandeville also take it but does surgery in Slidell at Surgical Specialty Hospital. As far as for medicare any hospital that has gotten Center of Excellence has doctors that take medicare.

ducey1
on 4/24/08 10:57 am
how can i find those dr. that might accept medicaid?
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/10 8:39 am - New orleans, LA
Dr Glen Steeb New orleans La    504  412 1366  
teresa C.
on 12/4/12 10:34 am - Natchitoches, LA
VSG on 12/19/13

dr steeb does not exist aparently

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/15 11:12 pm

do you know if This Dr still do the surgery on Medicaid

momgwen5
on 10/25/10 10:56 am - Westlake, LA
I do not know about medicaid, but I have medicare as my secondary and they will only pay for the ssurgery if it is done at a Center of Excellence hospital and surgeon with a Center of Excellence certified.
Women and Children's in Lake Charles
Dr. Richard Shimer (I do not know if they file if you only have medicare) 337-433-8400

jodyrobin
on 8/20/15 2:45 pm

Dr.Drahota,Lawrence at Blue Valley Hospital in Overland Park Kansas does weight loss surgery.He excepts medicaid/Mo.health Net  and offers a night before surgery free hotel room.Medicaid patients can get an out of town transportation free from LOGISTICARE.The medical team will advise transportation from out of state or town medically necessary.phone #(913)378-1365.. wonderful experience,great surgeon.Highly accredited.

seriouz77
on 9/3/15 7:41 pm
VSG on 04/11/16

So did you have LA Medicaid or another medicaid?

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/10 8:38 am - New orleans, LA
Dr. Glen Steeb  takes Medicaid in New Orleans Louisiana  he does the gastric sleeve surgery. He is  at (504)  412 -1366  He does the surgery at University hospital in New orleans. You will have to have a referral from your community  care doctor with proof of weight related illness.
                                                                                               Brenda
Most Active