Weight Loss Surgeons who take Medicad in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge areas

Shebert73
on 10/28/15 1:51 pm, edited 10/28/15 3:39 pm - Mandeville , LA

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and my names Shelly.

I was wondering if anyone here could be of some help.

I'm very interested in having the Gastric Sleeve done; I'm nearing 300lbs with a BMI of 53, and suffer all the aches and pains that come with being so overweight. The thing is I'm on the Medicad program (AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana) and can't find any doctors or clinics that accept Medicad. I did manage to find one doctor who is on the West Bank; a Dr. Treen, but it seems I'd never be able to see him because every time I call to make an appt I get transferred to a voicemail, and even though I leave a message asking to return my call they never do. So I'm giving up with that doctor.

So anyone know of any other doctors or clinics? Thanks!

UPDATE I finally heard back from Dr. Treen's office and was informed that he no longer accepts Medicad.

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/16 4:30 pm - LA

Dr. Dominguez in Covington, LA. 

Im in Baton Rouge and when I had Medicaid he was my surgeon but I have a BCBS now but the process with him was fairly easy and fast. If my insurance didn't run out I definitely would've been scheduled to have surgery with him right now. 

Susan_1
on 2/27/16 11:21 pm - Covington, LA
Susan_1
on 2/27/16 11:23 pm - Covington, LA

Dr Gridley @ Ochsner in Slidell takes Medicaid /Amerigroup. I'm seeing him now & only need to get my psychological evaluation & see a cardiologist & he said we'll schedule my surgery. :).............

http://www.ochsner.org/doctors/Asahel-Gridley

tabrielle10
on 2/28/16 5:22 pm

Hi Susan, this is great news to hear! I have searched high and low for a physician in our area that accepted medicaid. now that I know he accepts amerigroup I will change my insurance. Is this your first surgery?

Susan_1
on 5/3/16 9:42 am - Covington, LA

Yes it will be. I'm just now getting my pre-surgical psychological evaluation done on the 18th & the cardiologist on the 13 & then we'll schedule the actual date

tabrielle10
on 2/29/16 6:55 am

Hi susan, may I ask when did you start seeing dr Gridley?

Susan_1
on 9/5/19 6:41 am - Covington, LA

I'm about 2016.

tabrielle10
on 9/5/19 3:39 pm

girl you just seeing this? lol

Susan_1
on 9/5/19 6:28 pm - Covington, LA

Yep sorry I've been very busy

Most Active