MONDAY GRATEFUL POST
Vivian Prouty · 0 replies · 15 views
THURSDAY GRATEFUL POST
Vivian Prouty · 0 replies · 38 views
Most Active

tummy tuck after lap band?

eclares
on 1/9/09 8:43 pm - savannah, ga
Hi!  If anyone has had a tummy tuck after the band, please let me know how it went.  I am scheduled for tummy tuck next week and my surgeon has never done this type of surgery.  He said the port would have to be moved and reattached somewhere else.  Kind of scared?  Also I didn't loose that much weight from the surgery and am about 50 lbs overwieght but the dr. said I was a good candidate anyway..  THANKS!!!  CLare
VickiStevens
on 1/9/09 9:00 pm - Tacoma, WA
Lap Band on 01/09/03 with
I had a tummy tuck, but I was at 100% excess weight loss when I had it.  Also, my lapband doctor did the tummy tuck so I had no worries about the port or the band.  I knew that he knew exactly how to handle it!

Be prepared, the tummy tuck is much more painful than the lapband surgery.  But I do not regret it at all.  I have this nice little flat tummy - in fact, you can feel my hipbones!  It's pretty cool.

Take care and good luck.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
cori9191
on 8/25/10 3:34 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Vicki,
I am from Seattle and had the lap band done by Dr. Oh. Did you go to St. Francis in Federal Way?
I am at 107 with 100 lbs. being my goal but I will most likely stop at 105 or so. I am trying to find out if my insurance will cover a tummy tuck. I lost 116 lbs. now. The other day I started smelling a strange smell and my belly button felt weird. I lifted up the skin and I have a rash with a smelly infection in my belly button area. This is so weird. I take showers all the time. Do you know how to get rid of a rash like this? I have been doing lots of alchol rubs and antibiotic ointment. I was wondering if Dr. Oh did your surgery and if it was covered by your insurance? Also what did you do when you had all of the extra skin?
Thank you. You look so great. I hope you are still feeling good and you're at your goal.
corinda
islandqueen38
on 11/4/10 11:06 am
It is probably a yeast infection.  You need some cream to put on it.  I had that one time under my boob.    Doris

pineview01
on 4/1/13 7:00 pm - Davison, MI

You need to have your doctor document the rash and give you a RX for the cream even if OTC.  Some insurance will cover the TT if you have enough medical documentation.  It is very important to keep the area dry.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won!  Sleeved 1/22/13!  At third goal, two years out and "normal"

Karen D.
on 11/4/10 11:10 am
How did your plastic surgery go? I am getting a TT and BR on the 16th. Was it worth it?  Did you haave a lot of pain? How long did it take to heal?  How much weight did you loose? What size clothe did you fit in before and then afterwards?  Have any pictures?

Thanks,

Karen

KAREN

This one time....in
Band Camp.....

on 1/9/09 9:24 pm - Crestwood, KY
I'm interested in the responses you'll get.  Not sure how many you'll get on here though since about 80% of the participants here are less than a year out and/or still working towards goal like me.  I'm planning on having my plastiques consult sometime this Spring.  I have set a goal for myself to be less than 20 pounds from my original stated goal before my consult so I am getting close (I might opt to stop 10 pounds earlier for my total weight loss but haven't decided yet)!

My one thought though was if you have completely thought through letting a surgeon relocate your port who has never done it before?  That one part scares me.  I'm a bit overly protective when it comes to my band since I'm self-pay.  

I wish you much luck though, a speedy recovery and killer abs though!  Please come back and share your journey and results with us! 
~BECKA~   Start - 254 / Current - 172.6 / Goal - 160
  Just another Bariatric Babe!! 

Heres2anewme
on 1/9/09 9:51 pm - TX
I am still pre-surgery, so I can't really give you any advice. I am a bit concerned though, with your surgeon not having experience with the band and suggesting the procedure before you have reached goal. Just wondering if you have talked to your lapband doctor about this to make sure it is the best move for right now? Maybe he can put in a call to you plastic surgeon to let him know where/how the port should be moved?
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

Karen D.
on 11/4/10 11:09 am
How did your plastic surgery go? I am getting a TT and BR on the 16th. Was it worth it?  Did you haave a lot of pain? How long did it take to heal?  How much weight did you loose? What size clothe did you fit in before and then afterwards?  Have any pictures?

Thanks,

Karen

KAREN

Pumpkin X .
on 4/2/13 5:18 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On January 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM Pacific Time, Heres2anewme wrote:
I am still pre-surgery, so I can't really give you any advice. I am a bit concerned though, with your surgeon not having experience with the band and suggesting the procedure before you have reached goal. Just wondering if you have talked to your lapband doctor about this to make sure it is the best move for right now? Maybe he can put in a call to you plastic surgeon to let him know where/how the port should be moved?

Hi Jamalama

Miss you Loves ya