Has it ever occurred to anyone . . .Tylenol Liquid vs. Tylenol Tablet

Marti P.
on 7/3/09 1:20 pm - San Jose, CA
Back when we were being given "the rules" by the Nutritionist, prior to surgery about, now if you have any aches or pains after surgery be sure to take liquid Tylenol, don't take Tylenol by the tablet because it won't be good if the tablet just "sits" on your stoma.  

So for months and months I have blindly accepted that and then the other day as I was "knocking back" the king-size calcium tablets, a bell finally went off in my brain.  I thought, what the heck is the difference between a Tylenol tablet sitting on my stoma waiting to dissolve and two calcium tablets waiting to dissolve?

Why can't I take a Tylenol tablet?  It's got to be cheaper than buying a bottle of Tylenol liquid.  Does anyone have any feedback on this topic?

Marti in San Jose

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/09 1:37 pm
I was told no pill bigger than a birth control pill.  I've stayed with that. 

Dena
Marti P.
on 7/3/09 2:23 pm - San Jose, CA
Dena,
So I presume you take calcium?  Seems like everyone does these days. . . my calcium tablets are big enough to choke a horse. . . do you just chop yours in half?

Marti

pineview01
on 7/3/09 2:36 pm - Davison, MI
So are mine and I crush them!  I was told not to take anything bigger than a M&M!

But back to the Tylenol.  It causes damage to the stomach lining that the Calcium doesn't.  That is why Tylenol is coated to protect the stomach lining and the Calcium are just powder pressed.

Does this make since/help!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Marti P.
on 7/3/09 2:43 pm - San Jose, CA
Well, I'm not sure, but it definitely gives a different slant on it and is worth thinking about.  Thanks!
Marti

got2gethealthy
on 7/3/09 2:16 pm - orange, CA
In the beginning i only used tylenol liquid. Now one year out I use tylenol tablets. I take them one at a timeand wait 5 min or so before I take the other one just in case. On the days I am really tight, I stick with liquid. Also when my artrititis flares up I take 3 tabs with no problems.

Marti P.
on 7/3/09 2:24 pm - San Jose, CA
Are you able to tell any difference in how quickly the Tylenols act?  liquid vs tablet?

Marti

pineview01
on 7/3/09 2:51 pm - Davison, MI
Hey Marty I forgot to add the most important thing.  I have found the Tylenol In the round, coated tablets that I am taking whole.  They are the size of an M&M so per my nut/nurse they are OK and much cheaper than liquid.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Marti P.
on 7/4/09 8:17 am - San Jose, CA
Well that is certainly good to know!  Next time I go to purchase some Tylenol, I'll look for it, 'cause I sure am tired of paying that hefty price for the liquid stuff and I really don't need to feel like a kid again drinking cherry syrup!
Marti

got2gethealthy
on 7/3/09 3:55 pm - orange, CA
the tylenol are small if you get them in the little round coated kind. I am sure the tylenol liquid works a little faster, but for the price difference , not that much faster. sue

Most Active