physiatrist evaluation what is it like?

vanessa25
on 1/9/11 11:24 am
Hey everyone tomorrow i have a physiatrist evaluation and i am so nerves !!

I would like to know more less what questions do they ask ????

im starting to think i am not ready for this !!
steelerfan1
on 1/9/11 12:19 pm, edited 1/9/11 12:26 pm
they asked me why I become over weight.  What emotions do I have when I start to over eat , whne do I over eat like stress, happy, sad, and so forth .

Mine went so far as me having to tell him what the surgery does, what the complications are, what happens if you dont follow rules, so forth .

I had to take a 1 hr test on the computer its all common sense nothing hard but you need to be honest about the questions though.

They had to make sure I was going to stay commited to my follow up appts, and so forth .

It was easy I was done in about 3 hrs from the test to talking to him .

by the end of it he said Im a very emotional person lol I am way to trusting and I need to learn to say no and think about myself for a change.

I am very bad about that.   I have always put my family before me and he said with me getting this surgery done I need to become just as important and if that means setting rules down in the house to make me successful so be it.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

vanessa25
on 1/9/11 12:27 pm
3 hours????

Wow that seems like a long time would it be okay if they ask if im depress and ANSWER: YES I REALLY DONT WANT SCREW UP

MY WEIGHT GAINING STARTED MORE WHEN I STOPPED SMOKING AND WHEN I GOT WITH MY SONS FATHER WHICH WAS A ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP DO YOU THINK IF ASKED THESE ANSWERS WOULD BE OKAY TO ADDRESS???
steelerfan1
on 1/9/11 12:34 pm
On January 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM Pacific Time, vanessa25 wrote:
3 hours????

Wow that seems like a long time would it be okay if they ask if im depress and ANSWER: YES I REALLY DONT WANT SCREW UP

MY WEIGHT GAINING STARTED MORE WHEN I STOPPED SMOKING AND WHEN I GOT WITH MY SONS FATHER WHICH WAS A ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP DO YOU THINK IF ASKED THESE ANSWERS WOULD BE OKAY TO ADDRESS???
I would answer all them truthfully , my NUT said it really takes alot for them not to pass you on this

At the time I went and saw him I did quit smoking and was putting on weight. Gosh I was eating like a pig a month before my surgery because of quitting smoking so he will understand that .  i did the same thing :o)

And I have never been in a abusive relationship but he did ask me questions like that though.

These docs can always tell when you are trying to avoid questions or trying to change the subject so if it was me I would be just honest with anything he asks you.

If he don't bring it up then I wouldn't say a word , but if he brings things up just be honest, and yourself and you will be fine :o)

I personally think it would make it worse on you if he did bring up questions and you tried to avoid them, makes it feel like you are hiding things and he wont like that

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

vanessa25
on 1/9/11 1:14 pm
Okay thanks alot ill keep you posted
Hislady
on 1/9/11 12:27 pm - Vancouver, WA
I had 2 meetings, one where I filled out a couple of booklets full of questions and then came back a week later and he told me what he detemined from my answers. He said I should do well except for my rebelious nature that could get to me but since I was well aware of it I should do great. That was when I was planning the RNY then my surgeon said he'd only do the band because I take coumadin. I don't think any of us feel like we're ready, it's just part of the phases we go thru. You'll do just fine!
vanessa25
on 1/9/11 12:36 pm
Did they give you two appointments right off the back when you consulted with your surgeon or did they just told you to come back for the results?
Pamela B.
on 1/9/11 10:13 pm - AR
VSG on 08/14/15
I Haven't had my evaluation either but I will the 19th they ONLY Alloted me 1 hr      so I Hope mine isn't too bad...LOL
pam57
on 1/9/11 11:20 pm - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with

The psych eval is not that bad.  I had to fill out a questionnaire with about 200 questions then I saw a psychiatrist for about an hour.  She asked what did I think caused me to overeat, what my relationship with food was (that question always makes me laugh) did I think stress caused me to eat and about some other stressful issues in my life at the time.  We talked about what I understood about the surgery and what my expectations were.

I have to admit, I was a little afraid of the results because I think I am probably not the most "normal" person I know.  At the time I was on two anti-anxiety/anti-depressants and I was 100% honest about everything.  I passed, no problem.

It will be fine, don't worry.

Pam

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/11 11:22 pm
mine was easy just talked about my weight and family history why i picked the band and was off she said i was a good  for the band
Most Active