pulled muscle/stitch?

MizzRI
on 1/10/11 12:42 am - Charlestown, RI
So Friday I was out driving in a really crappy snow storm and I ended up getting stuck in the snow and in trying to maneuver myself out of the mess I was in, all the tossing and turning and bouncing around in my car really messed me up.  As the weekend went on my discomfort just got worse.  On my right side, where Ive had the most discomfort since surgery (dr says its the biggest muscle they have to cut) my stomach is looking a little swollen up and whenever I do anything other than sit in one position, I have a really bad burning sensation and almost like a pinching.  I have put a call into the doctor just a little while ago waiting on a call back but I thought I would post here to see if anyone else experienced this and could tell me whats going on?  Is this something that I can just wait out and it will heal itself if its a pulled muscle/stitch?  Or am I going to have to get something done about it? 

Im one month out from surgery today and Im telling you, Im soooooooooooo tired of feeling like an invalid!!!  I just want to heal already!!  Now I feel like I have just set myself back weeks in the healing process because I was so close to feeling almost normal until this happened.

im so frustrated....and HURTING
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/10/11 1:11 am - Mexico
On January 10, 2011 at 8:42 AM Pacific Time, MizzRI wrote:
So Friday I was out driving in a really crappy snow storm and I ended up getting stuck in the snow and in trying to maneuver myself out of the mess I was in, all the tossing and turning and bouncing around in my car really messed me up.  As the weekend went on my discomfort just got worse.  On my right side, where Ive had the most discomfort since surgery (dr says its the biggest muscle they have to cut) my stomach is looking a little swollen up and whenever I do anything other than sit in one position, I have a really bad burning sensation and almost like a pinching.  I have put a call into the doctor just a little while ago waiting on a call back but I thought I would post here to see if anyone else experienced this and could tell me whats going on?  Is this something that I can just wait out and it will heal itself if its a pulled muscle/stitch?  Or am I going to have to get something done about it? 

Im one month out from surgery today and Im telling you, Im soooooooooooo tired of feeling like an invalid!!!  I just want to heal already!!  Now I feel like I have just set myself back weeks in the healing process because I was so close to feeling almost normal until this happened.

im so frustrated....and HURTING

You should be fully healed by now.  A month post op?

Is the pain near your port?  If it's the port that is the first thing to hurt and the last thing to heal and the first thing that will be uncomfortable in the future if you pull that muscle.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
MizzRI
on 1/10/11 7:56 am - Charlestown, RI
yeah, I never even thought that by now the stitches should be all dissolved and healed up until the doctor called me back and said I may have a hernia.  UUUUGGGHHH....that makes complete sense.  No, its nowhere near my port....its the other side, which to be honest has been my problem spot since day one.  It has always hurt more than any other incision.  I think between the twisting and turning and being thrown around a bit in the car and then just cleaning house and stuff over the weekend I have really done a number on myself.  Im so frustrated I want to cry.  It hurts to do ANYTHING but sit still right now. 

The doctor said to take advil/ibuprofen and if Im not better by tomorrow to call and they will see me Wed....BUT, we are expecting a really bad snow storm here tomorrow into Wed so Im thinking I wont be able to get up there and I dont know how many more days I can go on like this.  I have vicodin still left over from surgery, which does take the edge off but its not going to help my situation any ya know?  Im a single mom to an autistic boy who i have to do just about EVERYTHING for and its really making it hard to be able to just sit and do nothing. 

Does anyone know if this is a hernia, if it can heal on its own?  I hate the thought of another surgery!!
Most Active