Enjoying Resturant Meals Now

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/11 7:57 am
Pre surgery, I always thought I enjoyed restaurant meals -- heaven knows I sure liked to eat everything in sight.  We went out for dinner to Outback Steakhouse yesterday with my husband's parents and his brother and it was so nice to be able to really savor my meal and enjoy every bite!  I didn't realize how much shoveling in I was doing before learning to eat this new way. I never really tasted the food before.  Now 3 ounces of a perfectly grilled steak is all I would want because I actually get the satisfaction from food that I have been looking for.
coachgrrl
on 1/9/11 8:12 am
 I agree..kinda nice to slow down and actually TASTE the food.  lol

Tonight my dh picked up 5 guys burgs and fries for dinner.  I had .25 of a small cheeseburger sans the bun and 4 fries and was very satisfied.  Luckily I have a teenage ds who was quite happy to take the remainder of the burger off my hands.

We don't eat like that very often, but once in awhile ..yum...and now I don't have t feel too bad about it either.   

OCMomma
on 1/9/11 9:47 am
Good for you.. I could't eat steak before the band and there is no way I would even consider trying it now with it. haha..  so I am jealous.  But I went to Outback last week and had the grilled chicken off the Joey menu and it was heaven.  I loved being able to sit in a restaurant and eat after being on liquids and softs for so long.   :)   and I know what you mean by actually tasting your food now., its wonderful.

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

dhenault
on 1/10/11 1:37 am
I agree! It's nice to "taste" the food. The other perk that I've found is that I can actually get 2 meals out of 1! That NEVER would've happened before!!

Most Active