5 Year Anniversary

debbiejean58
on 1/10/11 8:58 pm - Antioch, TN

My 5 year band anniversary will the the 16th but I am going to be out of town starting Friday so I thought I would post today!!

This has been the ride of my life and it has been amazing. I started out at 280 lbs. and I am 5'5" tall and now I am 145 lbs. I got down to a low of 125 lbs. and then started having trouble, I was pushing myself to hard to get to a certain number. My doctor never gave me a number to get to he said my body would stop when it was time and it did. I have maintained the 145 lbs. for over a year. My body just did not like the 125 lbs. I fought my body and my body won.......lol.

My success I have to contribute to my aftercare. I still go for checkups every 6 months even this far out. I have a great surgeon who is interested in how I am doing not just the money he made off the surgery.

I finally see the real me in the mirror now, it has taken almost 5 years to do this but it is finally happening. I am so much happier how than I was at 280 lbs.

I don't get involved in the surgery wars but I am proof that the band can work, don't know if I am just one of the lucky ones or what but I am so thankful for my band and what it has given me.

The last time I was at the doctor I told him thank you for doing this for me and he looked at me and said "Debbie, all I did was put a piece of plastic around your stomach, you have done all the work."

Here are pictures before and after. Newbies believe that this can be done, yes, there are pitfalls and it might not work for you but if you are willing to work at it and "hopefully" not have any issues you are in for the ride of your life.

Before 280 lbs.

After 145 lbs.

Phyllis C.
on 1/10/11 9:06 pm
Debbie, you sexy little minx you!!!

Congratulations, you look fab and you are a wonderful, kind and upbeat person.

Much continued success!!!

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

debbiejean58
on 1/10/11 9:28 pm - Antioch, TN
Phyllis, thank you so much. I think I am the lucky person to have met such nice, wonderful people as you on these boards.

I took that picture as a joke but really liked it so I kept it....lol.
bubblesrn
on 1/10/11 9:08 pm
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
WOW you are truly an inspiration! 
Congrats to you and HAPPY BANIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with you on getting the proper after care, since I work with my surgeons, I see them basically every day and they make sure I'm OK and taken care of, I know they treat ALL of their patients like this because I see it in their office.  We are truly lucky that we found the right surgeons to give us this plastic device over our bellies.

Congrats again and have fun on your trip!
Take care!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

debbiejean58
on 1/10/11 9:29 pm - Antioch, TN
Jan, thank you!! We really are lucky to have such good surgeons. That is great that you work there, that would be a fantastic job.

Keep up the good work!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/11 9:17 pm - Des Moines, IA
Happy 5th Bandiversary!  Great to hear how well things are going for you.  I'm so happy for  you. 

Any advice for me, 20 pounds from goal, labs all normal, off B/P meds, feel great, exercising 5 hours a week,  but how do you push to get to goal?  My surgeon is happy where I'm at,  but I would like to get to a normal BMI.

Congrats to you Debbie!

Kristi
debbiejean58
on 1/10/11 9:33 pm - Antioch, TN

Kristi, thank you so much.

The last 20 lbs. are the hardest to take off. I would just say keep doing what you are doing and you will get there just don't pu**** to much like I did.

We all look at numbers on the scale or the BMI, but sometimes those are just figures. Everyone told me when I got to 125 that my face looked really bad and now they say I look perfect, and do not have that drawn look.

From your pictures you look great to me!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/11 9:45 pm - Des Moines, IA
Thanks Debbie!  I appreciate your help!
Tiff tells all
on 1/10/11 10:23 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
MEOW!!! Congratulations on such an amazing transformation. You really do look great.  i hope that I can be as successful as yourself and some of the others. I'm over halfway there!!!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

debbiejean58
on 1/10/11 10:27 pm - Antioch, TN
Tiff, thank you!! I took that picture as a joke then liked it so I kept it...lol

I have read your post and looked at your pictures and you are doing amazing!!! You will surpass most of us girl!!
Most Active