Tired of soft foods/4 wks post op.

spuddzy
on 1/11/11 10:24 am - NY
had a lean cusine for dinner tonight and small scoop of ice cream..felt guilty but needed something real tasty...Hope I didn't blow it...Doc. said 5 wks. whole food....what do you think?

spuddzy

psychomom
on 1/11/11 11:15 am - China Grove, NC
Be careful ! Don't want to get started too soon :) If it went down ok you are probably fine but you gotta heal good.I know it is hard ! Put it in the blender next time. I blended all kinds of stuff to get SOMETHING with flavor. A girl can only drink so many protein shakes and drink so much soup and then the old personality starts going south .Hahaha   Hang in there you are almost there =)

bleumonique
on 1/12/11 1:49 am, edited 1/12/11 1:54 am - los angeles, CA
Mushies can be very tasty!  Food process tuna salad, chicken salad, or maybe ham salad.  Try a low carb frozen yoghurt instead. (I actually take plain, creamy yoghurt and mix in a little vanilla and Truvia and freeze it a little, or blender it with ice...really good!)

Here's a good and popular mushy recipe that is a great italian dinner!  As some one previously said, "It tastes like lasagna without the noodles":

Shelly's Baked Ricotta

8 oz of Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

Its one more week, but you can do this!  Think about how much you have lost since the surgery.  Acknowledging your progress to date is good motivation to keep on track!

You can do it!
http://www.meetup.com/Lap-Band-Meetup/
Highest weight: 275; Consult: 265; 2 wks Pre-Op (5-14-10): 255;  current weight (9-26-11):

Largest Size: 24; Pre-Op Size (5-14-10): 20; Current Size (9-26-11): 14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Butterfly618
on 1/12/11 7:35 am - NJ

yea baked ricotta is really good, but I wouldn't add the sauce becasue it might upset you tummy! I also love processed cauliflower with ricotta and graded cheese served hot.  Very good.  I loved split pea soup with baby food chicken stage one and some seasoning yum-o 

Stick with it. You need to this stage as written.  If you are slipping up now how are you going to stand up to the trails and tribulations for the long haul. Do it for yourself to prove that you can do what you need to do to get the job done.  If you give in now then the mind already has a weak spot to work on when the road gets tough.  I am here if you need me.  Hope to see you on the road during our journey to our goals....

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active