HELP PAIN!!!!

gia718
on 1/11/11 1:56 pm
I had my 4th fill yesterday and I am having some reflux and pain.. I am 6 months post op, down about 60 lbs and I went for my dr appt yesterday and had not lost any weight since November.  I have not been eating right, kind of avoid the protein and good food and started eating all the junk and slider food again so  I only blame myself!  After speaking with the Dr and Nut, I was given better ideas as to what to eat and to eat slower and smaller bites and quantities..SO yesterday I was on liquids and I kept getting the feeling like it sits in my throat...today I went back to foods per my dr and everytime I ate, I got pain in my back and again the feeling like the liquid is sitting in my throat along with a vomit taste..I called the Dr and he said I may need an unfill..I also threw up today after dinner...and 2x yesterday after the fill, is it the fill or am I not chewing well, or eating too much..I don't know...I think it may be the fill and I need to have some fluid out...I hate this feeling!!!!

Gia

Ashley A.
on 1/11/11 3:49 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Hi, since this issue is happening right after a fill I would recommend an unfill right away before the issue gets worse just based on my personal experience. I was having these same issues for a couple of weeks. My issue started after I had a really bad stuck episode one day. I hadn't had a fill probably in a couple of months prior to this. Whenever I would eat/drink it just felt like the food was just sitting there and never going down. I would get really burby and started having back pain too. I would continue to try to drink and I would just end up getting sick so I would stay on liquids for a day with just getting sick the whole time. Then the next day I would always think well maybe its okay today and try to eat and would get sick again so it became a pattern. I finally went to see my surgeon after 2 weeks of this going on so they ended up taking all the liquid out even after the liquid was taken out I was still having issues. Since I had waited so long to see my surgeon everything was so swollen and inflammed so it took me about a week to be able to actually eat normal again. It wasn't a fun experience but it was definitely a learning one. I hope this info helps. Good luck on your weight loss so far!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

80sgurlie
on 1/11/11 9:58 pm - IL
Congrats on your success so far!! 

I agree, it's best to just go back and get an unfill.

Good luck! 

Ashley, gurl!!!!! 200 pounds!???? AMAZING!!!! 

Jean M.
on 1/11/11 10:36 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
It's probably a combination of things: getting used to the fill; not taking small enough bites, chewing well, eating too fast; and maybe the fill is too much. Since you puked a few times, I suggest that you stay on liquids for at least 24 hours to let things settle down, then try purees, then soft food, then solid food, over the course of 3-4 days.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

aliciahegeman
on 1/11/11 11:55 pm - Highland, NY
wow 60 pounds ! fabulous!...im always 24 clear fluids then 2 days of protein shakes after a fill...all docs are different....id defff call doc reflux ..night coughing ...pain...are signs of tightness...how much did they put in? i usually end up stuck when my bites are to big!!!! a year out and still not used to it! feel  better !!!!!

Most Active