I'm a newbie!!

Barbara B.
on 1/12/11 10:27 am - Indiana, PA
Hello Everyone!  This is my first time to post anything.  I just found "OH" and am really looking forward to meeting and chatting with you.

I have been accepted into the Bareatric Program at Magee Women's Hospital, UPMC in Pittsburgh, PA and in order for my insurance to pay for the Lap Band surgery I have to attend 6 monthly meetings which started in November.  I am scheduled to return tomorrow (my third meeting) and after this visit, it is time for me to choose my surgeon and schedule my first meeting with him.  My best friend, who went through this 5 years  ago has given me some good advice and I do believe I will go with the surgeon that he had.

I've been logging all my food and exercise activities for the last three months and it's been very helpful.  Holly Cow....it's amazing what you put into  your mouth on a daily basis.  It was a real eye opener when I first started.

Anyhow, I'm feeling a bit anxious about the surgery.  I've heard great stories about the lap band procedure and hope that I can make this work.  I love to eat..... hence my waist size!!  I picked a bad time of the year to start all of this, with Thanksgiving and Christmas cookies and good food all around, but I got through it.  I did eat some things that I shouldn't of, but I think I did okay.  I go weigh in tomorrow, and we'll see!!!

Thank you for reading about me.  I look forward to coming back and getting to know you all.
                      Barb Blatt  ~  Surgery Date:  May 27, 2011  

nicole_w_d
on 1/12/11 11:22 am
 I am fairly new - I think if we are honest we all indulged at the holidays. But for me, even my indulgences were less excessive than my normal eating in the past so I still lost weight.  Good luck and if you insurance is like mine don't miss a single meeting, sometimes I think they look for reasons not to pay for our surgeries.  Look forward to keeping up with your success!!!
jennifer B.
on 1/12/11 11:44 am
Hi I did the one on one monthly meetings with Melinda. Which doctor do you think that you are going to go with? Dr. Eid's pa Vicki us the absolute best fill giver. U have had her and three others do them. The six months goes quick. I started October 22 and had surgery may 6. Good luck to you.
JENNIFER 5'7" Tall - 33 YEARS OLD - Ticker Includes 26 Pounds Lost Pre Op - 2.4cc in a 4cc lap band with a low profile port - 1st fill 6/19/2009 of .2cc - 2nd fill 7/24/2009 of  1.3cc  -  3rd fill 9/11/2009 of .3cc -  4th Fill 10/30/2009 of 1.8cc - only had .4cc when I went supspect leak - 11-9-2009 Upper Gi with fluroscopy - Do not have a leak and band looks great...I finally have restriction - I love my BAND!!!  5th Fill 1/11/2010 of .2cc  6th Fill 3/15/2010   of .3cc.  1st UNFILL of .6 cc or so on 4/19/2010  7th  Fill 7/26/2010 .2cc  Eighth Fill 8/30/2010 .2cc  Ninth Fill 10/25/2010 .1cc  Tenth Fill 12/20/2010  .1cc       

Most Active