curious

RitaF123
on 1/28/11 12:34 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Hello again, I'm curious to know since I'm a self pay patient, if I have to have a barium swallow
x-ray will my insurance pay for it. If it doesn't, does anyone have any idea how much one cost?

Vicki Browning
on 1/28/11 12:56 pm - IN
Have you had weight loss surgery yet?  Why is the physician requestion a barium swallow?   If he is checking something other and WLS related they might pay for it.   Typically the swallow can run anywhere from 150.00 to upwards of 300.00 depending on the region you live in and you also have to figure there will be a radiologist fee to.   
RitaF123
on 1/28/11 1:37 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Yes, I had my surgery in Aug. I have had problems PB'ing alot lately. I hope I'm too tight and it's not a slip. I'm going Monday for a slight unfill. I am miserable.

Vicki Browning
on 1/29/11 1:15 am - IN
hope you get some relief
Beth14fan
on 1/28/11 2:14 pm - VA
My insurance covered my surgery, so I am not sure if a self-payer's insurance would cover a barium swallow. On my statements, it shows that my barium swallows costs approximately $250.

Surgery Date - 6/24/09
Starting Weight - 308
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/29/11 2:00 am - Mexico
I've seen everything from $200 to $1500.

I would NOT self pay for a band unless you have a LOT of cash to spare. The aftercare, re-ops, fills, unfills... it's all very expensive.

Why not get something more effective and safer? A sleeve. No aftercare, zilch. No chasing down a sweet spot, none of the nonsense.

A whole heck of a lot cheaper, more effective, and safer long term.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Hislady
on 1/29/11 5:17 am - Vancouver, WA
Seems like it would be easier and cheaper to just have some saline taken out and see if that fixes it. Then if there is still a problem do a swallow. I doubt the insurance will pay for it. My ins. changed and they cover NOTHING band related. Good luck!
Most Active