PBing and vomiting

trippsmommy
on 7/21/11 11:33 am - Troy, MO
I don't post much here I am 6 months out and 55 lb's lighter which is fantastic. I go to my surgeon every 6 weeks and get a fill which also is great. I still cannot tolerate bread, or bread type foods like burrito wraps or flat breads. I can handle that too. the biggest thing for me is just about every meal if it is not a soft food I have PBing. I PB about all the food that I have eaten at that meal which is like cheese, ground meat, cottage cheese, steamed broccoli well chewed of course. I Chew until what I believe is toothpaste consitancy swallow wait a full 15 seconds for my next bite etc. My surgeon asks if I have any vomiting I tell him no but really is this PB or vomiting? I slime but most of the time it is the undigested food that I just ate. I usually don't eat a full cup of food during a meal. Please help this is frustrating I am about to the point of going back to puddings and yogart only.

When I grow up I wanna be Skinny!!!

marypatf
on 7/21/11 12:03 pm
 Did you explain to your surgeon about the food coming back up?
How full is your band? Has it been like this all along?

Just questions to think about... Because :1 you should not have to live like that and 2 If everything you eat comes back up, then you are surely lacking in nutrition...

I hope you can work with your doctor to figure it out
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

trippsmommy
on 7/21/11 12:42 pm - Troy, MO
I have but he is convienced that I am not chewing enough. So I try to re-evaluate my chewing. But when you are not sure if it is actually vomiting or PBing how can you honestly answer which one you are dong. I think my band is to the max. I already had 2 cc in right aftersurgery then I recieved 1 cc 4 weeks later, then 6 weeks later I rec'd 3cc then this last time I rec'd 2 cc so to my knowledege it is full. I have been at goal as to losing 1-2 lbs weekly My 6 month labs are fine to so I guess the question is am I really getting rid of "all" the food I eat at that meal. I know it is not very comfortable to my chest or stomach when I "PB" or vomit after about every meal. I am glad you responded back to me so fast. Yes the ?"PBing" has been going on for about the last 4-5 months, beings the first month only being liquids or very soft foods. I still eat with a baby spoon I cut my meats up to about 1/2 inch pieces spend a good 45 -60 sec of chewing then swallow. I have experienced the first bite syndrome and have drank warm fluids 30 min before I eat foods with very little relief. I don't know I guess I will go back to soft foods and work back up to solids to see if I am just pushing it to hard. You know if all else fails start again. Thanks again

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 12:12 pm - Des Moines, IA
Okay that is not normal or healthy.  Please tell your surgeon about this.  I have never PB'd and I'm very happy with my weight loss.  Food should not be coming back up, you shouldn't be sliming either.  If you can't eat dense protein, that' not good. 
vlp1968
on 7/21/11 10:17 pm
I am very surprised your surgeon kept giving you fills when solid food isn't staying down. Sounds like you are too tight for sure. Your symptoms sound like vomiting and it's not good. You should be able to keep down about 4oz of a lean protien and 1/2c of a non-starchy veggie. I would have told the doc. you were vomiting. Go in for an unfill and you should feel much better. Hopefully you will be in that sweet spot everyone talks about. Good luck!
marypatf
on 7/21/11 10:56 pm
I agree... It really does not matter which it is..It really should NOT be happening with every meal..
Even if I forget and do not chew enough or eat too fast, I might feel stuck for a minute, but it usually will go through...

On very rare occasions I have had something come back up, but Not every meal..
When I was too tight for a month, I could only eat refried beans and soup...After my pa took out just .1cc, I could eat regular...

,..........  Good luck
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

trippsmommy
on 7/22/11 10:04 am, edited 7/22/11 10:04 am - Troy, MO
Thanks for the replies I will give my surgeon a call to get an unfill.

Most Active