I Love the Block Button

Lowcountry
on 9/22/11 10:20 pm - Lady's Island, SC
So, I've blocked about 10 people recently that were full of negativity and now this board seems soooooo much more peaceful. Just saying that we can make it the place it was when I got my surgery simply support and accountability. Love Y'all!

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Shelley Malskis
on 9/22/11 10:30 pm - NY
I know, I asked a question and got jumped all over with negativity by one person, whose band apparently failed.  I jumped back at her and later blocked her for her continued negativity.  I agree, we are here for suggestions and support.  My mom always said if you can't say something nice, don't say anytihng at all.  Best of luck, and great job so far, wish you lots of continued success...
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 11:27 pm
 I am anxiously waiting over the new few weeks to see if my band has slipped, erroded or failed.  Sort of depressing and I really wished I had known about esphogeal dysmotility in advance--which is really what I think I have.  I do think people need educated to that possibility when they are researching the band, but I loved the first four months when it worked.  I am glad it is the right choice for some and I wish there was some way they could screen who in advance might have this problem with the esphogus.  
Lowcountry
on 9/22/11 11:31 pm - Lady's Island, SC
I don't disparage those who have had failed bands. It's when they are bitter , petty, and relentless with their attacks when i have a problem.  That's the ones I block. I pray all goes well with your testing and resolution is achieved quickly.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

grannymedic1
on 9/23/11 9:54 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I, too, wish there were a way to tell in advance. It would sure save a lot of grief. For some it is a thing of beauty and works well for many years. For others it is at best a dissappointment, at worst life threatening. Good luck with your testing and keep your chin up.
Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

whatadream
on 9/23/11 1:55 am - NH
Haven't been on here for while because of that !  I'm looking for positive renforcement.
Hislady
on 9/23/11 12:58 pm - Vancouver, WA
Glad to see I'm not one you blocked cause I'm disgusted with my band but I TRY not to be nasty about it just informative. I hope you hang around for a good long time!
kdolphin
on 9/23/11 1:00 pm - FL
 The board isn't more peaceful, you just removed the stuff you didn't want to read.  You say it's negative and I also thought that until I had to have my revision due to being alergic to misquitoe (sp) bites.  Believe me I WAS NOT MY FAULT.  Never had my surgeon heard of my problem and I had never read anything about it here.

Sometimes the comments get a little out of hand but I would rather know all I can and read everything.  Doesn't mean it is going to happen to me.  WHEN it does then I can refer back what happened to someone else.

There are so many nice banders here, Jean, Bette and lots more.  There's also so many who no longer have the band who are nice and I learned a lot from.  If it wasn't for WASA I would still have my band and so many problems.

Good Luck to everyone no matter what surgery you have or are having.  Still don't know why anyone would brag about blocking  so they can see what is realistic.

Melanie V.
on 9/24/11 12:18 pm - Denver, CO
Just out of curiosity what does being allergic to mosquito bites have to do with needing a revision? I'm allergic to them should I be worried and need a revision?
Surgery 2/3/10 Weight 207
Current 165
Goal 140
Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt-
Most Active