Throwing up after lap band surgery

suegee936
on 6/4/12 12:02 pm - PA
No matter what each of you had to say or advise me about, thank you for taking the time.  I think we will all agree that no matter what we do to lose weight or how we do it, it is a lifetime battle and something I think most of us would change if we could.  One day at a time.
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/12 12:45 pm - Bay City, MI
I'll get flack for this but I don't care.

If you get food stuck and you feel like you're about to die...  Seriously go to the bathroom, stick your finger down your throat and puke it up. I became a professional. I hated that band so much. The "new" full feeling - yeah, they forget to tell you it feels like a brick is in your chest and you can't breath. I ate something in the food court at the mall not too long ago, I think it was gyro meat... Started walking around the mall... desperately started looking for somewhere to puke. If it gets stuck too long - u get foamies and it comes up by itself.  And no I didn't have a lot of liquid in my band. I puked on the floor and in my hoodie at Macy's... It was horrible.

I could sit down for dinner and my first bite get stuck. It was so embarrassing eating at restaurants with ppl. I had to pretend to "pee" so many times. They knew I was puking up my food. I hated the band...
Nic M
on 6/4/12 1:29 pm
Sometimes I wonder if that's not the better thing to do, Robin.  When something's stuck, the esophagus has to work so damned hard.  It's like one of those, "What's going to hurt less?" type of things.

I'm sorry you puked in your hoodie! That is awful! 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Stephanie M.
on 6/4/12 1:05 pm
 And I'm blocked by she who will not be disagreed with...

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

tineywiney2013
on 7/5/13 4:59 am - TX

PLEASE HELP I'VE HAD LAPBAND DONE IN APRIL 2013 BEEN DOING GOOD UP UNTIL THE LAST 3 WEEKS STARING 3 WEEKS AGO I HAD A FILL GOT SICK ON THE WEEKEND SATURDAY MORNING FELT LIKE I WAS HAVEING A HEART ATTACK WHEN I ATE CALLED IN FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING WENT IN HAD 3 CC TAKEN OUT FELT GREAT WAS ABLE TO EAT AGAIN THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY SAME THING HAPPENED GOT SICK AGAIN STARTED THROWING UP CALLED DOC ON MONDAY MORNING WHEN IN GOT ANOTHER HALF OF CC TAKEN OUT EVERYTHING WAS FINE AGAIN WELL ITS STARTED AGAIN THIS TIME TODAY FRIDAY HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING THINGS DOWN AGAIN DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING  THIS IVE LOST 63 POUNDS TO THE DAY ONE MORE QUESTION I TAN IN A TANNING BED IS THIS A SIDE AFFECTING OF MAYBE TANNING OR WHAT IM MISERABLE PLEASE HELP

pineview01
on 7/5/13 7:36 am - Davison, MI

Never heard of a tanning bed doing this.  I tanned in a stand up several time over the years with the band and never noticed it making any difference.  You will only know what is going on by contacting you doctor.  They will put you thru some test.  Also you might want to talk to you Nut and make sure you are eating right to eliminate that as a problem.

I did have trouble the last nine months.  My band would get tighter and the would have to take fluid out.  This was and ongoing thing until I had all the fluid out.  My body was putting down scare tissue trying to "seal off" the body.  One of the people I did an appeal with from my insurance had her's do what yours is in an attempt to fight it out of the body.  They had to remove hers at 6 months due to body rejection.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active