Had pushback and vomited up a small amount of blood

asicguy
on 4/18/14 2:34 am

Hi all,

I ate some dry pork and had a rough bout of vomiting, like something was stuck. There was a small amount of fresh blood, much less than a teaspoon I would think. I had the surgery about 3 years ago and lost about 50 pounds. I have never been happy with the results, but now I'm a bit worried. I have pushback once every week or two, mostly if I eat something dry or eat too fast, but I have never seen blood.

I am thinking that the violent nature of the vomit might have irritated my stomach, but I am always worried about the band slipping. Is this serious enough to warrant a trip to the Dr, or should I play by ear.

I wish the sleeve had been available when I chose this option, it seems like a much better choice. I'm not sure if the insurance would cover switching, even though I've been stagnant for most of the time I've had it.

Thanks,

Frank

Hislady
on 4/18/14 4:19 am - Vancouver, WA

Most likely the pork coming back up scratched your throat and caused a small amount of bleeding, as long as it has stopped I wouldn't worry about it.However if you are still concerned a call to your surgeon can't hurt. You can also call your insurance and see if they cover a revision, some do and some don't. We still have to be careful how quickly we eat and make sure food is moist no matter how far out we are. Good luck to you!

pineview01
on 4/20/14 1:11 pm - Davison, MI

Like hislady said it could be from hurting your throat.  But it could also be from erosion.  But it you are throwing up every week most likely not an erosion.  The first thing you need to do is get an unfill until you aren't throwing up anymore. They need to do a scope to make sure you don't have esophageal irritation or other issue. I would find out if insurance will cover a revision.  Than go from there.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active