Emergency lapband removal tomorrow

Enew55
on 7/17/14 10:15 am
with

Well I  had my band 7 years lost 149lbs.  I was so happy for a few shorts years, than the weight crept back on.  I went to see a new surgeon and had a EGD, to my surprise the band slipped.  The only symptom I been had  was the oblivious weight gain and coughing. I had a few stuck eps and a real vomit a few weeks ago.  Apparently I also have acid reflux, which I did not know I had. Well it comes out tomorrow.  I hope in a few months I can get a revision to the sleeve. Say a little pray for me.   

I use to visit and post frequently in past now I am for support.

God Bless

pineview01
on 7/17/14 2:25 pm - Davison, MI

Sorry to hear your band slipped.  149 pounds with the band was awesome.  I too had silent acid reflux, until it became very not silent the last year with the band. They called my removal surgery at 9:15 and I was home at 1:30 and that included a 20/30 minute ride home.  Good luck tomorrow.  I hope all goes smoothly for you.

There is a band to sleeve group here.  You will get a lot of support on the VSG boards as there are a lot of band to sleeve revisions there.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Enew55
on 7/17/14 4:59 pm
with

Thanks 

Kate -True Brit
on 7/17/14 10:16 pm - UK

Best wishes  

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 7/18/14 4:48 am - Vancouver, WA

Sorry you have to go thru this but there are hundreds if not thousands of us who have had the same thing happen. Mine hadn't slipped but was causing terrible pain and reflux. Like you my reflux wasn't bad until the end but it has stayed with me even after removal. Hopefully you will avoid that, best of luck on your removal!

Enew55
on 7/18/14 11:27 am, edited 7/18/14 8:49 pm
with

Hi,

Removal went well, I am home---feeling a little foggy.  No pain, but meds close by just in case.

My thoughts on the Band..

I would not discourage anyone from getting it......  BUT you have to be 1000% dedicated that you use it the way its meant to be used.... That means being superhuman......

Nic M
on 7/19/14 3:20 am

It also requires a person to have "control" over their internal organs, nerves, and to "forbid" your body to form scar tissue.  If a person can accomplish those feats, then they should have no problems with the band. If a person is unable to do these things, then they will be like the majority of us... and the band will make them miserable. 

Best of luck to you with healing.  Hope it goes well. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

cheyenne000
on 7/24/14 1:40 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

Glad all went well for you.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

pineview01
on 7/26/14 1:29 pm - Davison, MI

Glad all went well and you are band free and doing well.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active