Help Problem with Band

33w33w
on 7/24/14 6:17 am

I have been having major pain issues of late.   I can't sleep on my right side at all and only on my left sometimes.   If I turn over in my sleep to my right side or back I wake up with severe cramps and my stomach is hard and distended where the band and port would be.   It can take several hours for the spasms to stop and the pain to ease.  Anyone else experience this?   

Bette B.
on 7/24/14 10:57 am

You know the answer: call your doctor ASAP. It could be band related. It could be anything. So, get attention as soon as you can. Tomorrow, if possible, so you're not miserable all weekend.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

33w33w
on 7/24/14 12:28 pm

yep, appointment already made.......three weeks from now!  Meanwhile I will have to  sleep in my chair.  

Hislady
on 7/24/14 3:05 pm - Vancouver, WA

No, no, no not 3 weeks from now! Tell them you can't sleep because the pain wakes you up and they "should" get you in sooner. If it is band related you want to deal with it as soon as possible becaue the longer you wait the more damage it can cause. I tried to wait until I would have insurance coverge to deal with my pain and ended up having to have it removed at my expense. I now have permanent stomach damage that causes nearly as much pain as the band did. It is nothing to mess around with. Good luck and call them back and tell them how much pain you are in, there is no excuse for making you wait that long!

Kate -True Brit
on 7/24/14 5:26 pm - UK

No. As Hislady says, not in three weeks! It may or may not be band related. Cramps and a hard distended stomach could be lots of things but need investigation.  You say the problem is "where the band would be" but the band is right behind the rib cage. If it is round the port area, it could be infection or a totally non-band related issue.

Don't wait.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

ladygodiva1228
on 7/24/14 9:44 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I couldn't agree more with Bette, Hislady, and Kate.  Get into the doctors NOW not in 3 weeks or go to the ER.  Personally it doesn't sound like band related issues, but then again anything is possible with the band. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

33w33w
on 7/25/14 4:50 am

Got a new appointment ....still have to wait till Tuesday.   If I have another acute episode will have go to emergency.   

Hislady
on 7/25/14 12:54 pm - Vancouver, WA

Tuesday is much better! Hopefully you will be ok till then but don't hesitate to go to the ER if it gets bad again. Let us know how things go!

pineview01
on 7/26/14 1:36 pm - Davison, MI

Good luck and I hope all goes well.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

33w33w
on 7/29/14 12:19 pm

Saw the fill nurse today, she said first thing to do is take out some fill to see if that gives me some relief.  She sent in request to surgeon and said he will likely want to do a barium swallow to see what's what.  Supposed to get a phone call tomorrow to let me know when, nurse assured me it would be within the week.

Most Active