Stuck in a serious rut / plateau

christian0728
on 7/29/14 3:51 am - Easton, MD

Good afternoon, All!

It's been a while since I last posted I am 5 years post lapband and I am on a serious plateau. In fact, I've gained 30 of the 50 lbs I lost originally. I lost my Mom 4 years ago this year and I went into a serious depression and did nothing but eat......but I'm trying to get back on track now and can use all the help I can get!!!!

Have a blessed day!!
Kate -True Brit
on 7/29/14 4:32 am - UK

Coming here is a good place to start. Give us a little more info and I am sure people will offer suggestions.

Do you have the right level of fill? What are your eating habits/ probiem times or foods? Do you feel hungry?

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

christian0728
on 7/29/14 5:23 am - Easton, MD

I had an issue with GERD and had to go back to have some liquid taken out.  The main problems I am having with foods is eating after 8pm.  I have been doing better with that lately.  I have even been considering starting over with the protein shakes in the morning, afternoon, and evening snacks.  I feel hungry most of the time.

Have a blessed day!!
Hislady
on 7/29/14 10:37 am - Vancouver, WA

Rather than start over with liquids I would suggest going back to dense protein, that is what keeps you full. Try cooking up some meat in a crock pot so it is nice and tender then eat that with some veggies that should keep you full for several hours at a time. Also try to avoid white carbs like flour, sugar, pasta, rice and doughy foods like bread or rolls that should give you a good start. Also track your foods in a journal there are several on line that you can use like my fitness pal and spark people. Hope this helps you restart, good luck!

Kate -True Brit
on 7/31/14 3:58 am - UK

No point in going back to liquids, the band is designed to work with dense protein.  Liquids are never going to stop hunger.  We all have to find our own way but here are some of the things which worked for me.

Start every meal with dense protein, then crunchy veg, then carbs if room left.

Avoid hunger by keeping busy or if that doesn't work, eat! For me, hunger is the enemy, if I feel hungry, I start to obsess about food. So I eat! Something planned, protein/rich, dense. At home, I might cook 3 fish fingers  (do you call them sticks?), do a couple of boiled eggs, rice cakes and a slice of ham. Something solid, filling and under 200 cals. 

Don't eat late, makes reflux more likely.

Avoid liquid calories.

Make very sue you are not taking in more calories than you think!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 7/29/14 4:41 am - Vancouver, WA

Losing our parents is a difficult time to deal with. Like Kate said give us some more info or ask some specific questions and we are glad to try to help!

Chashton
on 7/30/14 2:51 am - NY

Hi Christian -

I can kind of relate too you....I lost my Father 12/5/13 and then my mother 1/7/14 - Losing two parents 32 days apart is EXTREMELY HARD.  I had gained some weight also during this time...not eating correctly, drinking just to fall asleep, and honestly just not caring about myself and/or life.

BUT - as I am still mourning the loss of both parents.  One morning I woke up (June 30th) and said to myself "Denise - Mom and Dad would NOT want you to start gaining and feeling this way" 

My parents knew how and what I have been thru ...so I know that they didn't want me to live like that and I'm sure your Mother wouldn't want that for you either.

So I did go and get alittle fill on June 30th - and I'm happy to say that I am down 17 lbs since then.  Was it the fill - YES - but it also staying focused.  And you know that is what your mother would want for you.

So think positive, stay focused.  And just know that your Mother wants this for you!!!!!!!!!  And you can do it!!!

If I can so can you.

My best to you!

Denise

Most Active