Looking for a new doctor

michet
on 8/1/14 1:40 am - TX

Hi!  I've been a member for a long time, but I rarely post anything.  I got the Lap-Band in 2008, and have not been the best pt about following up with the surgeon.  Of course I started having some problems, and so I called to schedule an appointment, only to find out my dr is no longer at that practice.  I cannot find him.  So, I'm wondering if anyone can reccomend a dr in the Houston-Galveston TX area that I could transfer care to for follow up and possible revision.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bette B.
on 8/1/14 1:48 am

Michet - I don't know anyone, but have you posted this on the Texas board, as well?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

monymony
on 8/6/14 11:37 pm

Hi Michet, if you will go to lapband.com. Type the zip code in and you will find certified lap band surgeons. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

michet
on 8/14/14 10:18 am - TX

Thanks!  I'm having a difficult time finding a doctor who will take me as a patient because I already have a Lap-Band.  It's so frustrating!!

Jo 1962
on 8/14/14 1:40 pm - NearHouston, TX

Hi Michet:

My lapband doctor retired a year ago and I had to find another doctor and I am very happy with my new doctor.  He took over my care without charging me the "transfer" fee so many other bariatric doctors do.  I am going through the process of getting a revision to the Sleeve.  It may be a little bit of a drive for you if you live closer to Galveston but he is well recommended.  He has an office off FM1960 (near I45) and another office in Tomball near Willowbrook.  http://www.dturnquest.com/

Good luck

Jo

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Most Active