Has anyone went from band to bypass ?

wishful60
on 8/18/14 12:49 pm

Was wondering if anyone has went from band to bypass. Had my band done 5 years ago. Done great in the beginning. Still have not gained all my weight back but it is slowly creeping on. Am puking every day, but this is not new. I never told dr because I was afraid he would unfill. Would like to have bypass because I am sick of this ! Any advice ?

Kate -True Brit
on 8/18/14 5:50 pm, edited 8/18/14 6:25 pm - UK

Yes. You are likely to find people on the bypass board.

meanwhiie though, don't  wait. See your doctor and get some saline out. You should not be puking regularly. Doing so means your band is too tight for whatever reason and you risk permanent damage to your oesophagus. 

Edited for typos 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 8/19/14 5:07 am - Vancouver, WA

Exactly what Kate said get some saline out NOW. I had my band out in Feb and am still suffering every single day from severe GERD because I tried to keep my band too long and I only had mild symptoms. 24 hours a day it feels like hot lava pulsing up and down my esophagus. So don't wait!

Allison L.
on 8/22/14 2:26 am - Berkeley, CA

I went from the band to the sleeve. I haven't regretted it. I don't miss throwing up constantly, not to mention the finicky art of learning the band in all its weird ways. As others have said, you should NOT be throwing up every day. Wishing you luck!

pineview01
on 9/10/14 8:55 am - Davison, MI

If you go to the revision boards, you will find many band to RNY, VSG and DS.  Go to the RNY boards and you can post there and find them.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jackfre
on 10/2/14 12:51 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15

I am having the same issue with acid reflux, I still have my band but am looking for a new doctor to remove it.  thinking of going with the sleeve this time.  It's so disappointing to have gone thru so much and now having to have the band removed.  I have gained most of my weight back.

Jackie

Most Active