Confused

Chelle72
on 9/15/14 12:11 pm

I had lapband surgery April 29 and then gallbladder surgery July 15th.  I had not received a fill during this time. However, I did receive my first fill if 4cc's last month.  I do have a 13 cc band and I fill no type of restriction. I do have a follow up appt with the dr this week.  I will request another fill.  I am starting to slowly gain back the weight I had list in the beginning. I did call the office a week after the fill to let them know I felt no type of restriction and was simply told I would need to wait for my follow up ap and see what the doctor had to say. How often do you receive fills?  Is t normal to wait as long as I did for my first fill?

Karen D.
on 9/16/14 2:49 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Hi!  Everyone is different and for most, it takes a while to get to the right restriction level.  I was restricted right from the start and it was several months before I had my first fill.  I've actually never been over 1.6cc because I can't have more, it causes me to be so tight I can't swallow water.  My doc follows each month after surgery and based fills on hunger level, did I have trouble sliming up food and how much I had lost.  So I didn't get a fill every time depending on those things.  I would ask when you see him.

Hislady
on 9/16/14 9:15 am - Vancouver, WA

It's best to take fills slow and easy as sometimes it takes anywhere from a few days to a week or more to feel them. The last thing you want is to be too tight it sets you up for all kinds of problems.

Kate -True Brit
on 9/16/14 8:03 pm - UK

Different doctors have very different protocols. My first fill was at 6 weeks and then whenever I needed them but others have to wait longer. I got restriction right from the start but many don't. Remember, the band should never actually stop you eating. Well chewed food should always pass through within a minute. I am sure you know that but sometimes people expect more tightness than the band should ever offer. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

MARIA F.
on 10/11/14 6:15 am - Athens, GA

Did you call to set up your appt. for your first fill prior to that??? First fills are generally at about 6 weeks out, and then usually 6 weeks between fills if more are needed (which they generally are!) It is very rare for one to need only a single fill. I had like 15 or 17 my first year. Not trying to be rude here, but it would really be beneficial to you if you did some research! Good luck.

FormerlyFluffy.com

MARIA F.
on 10/11/14 1:58 pm - Athens, GA

Actually I think it was 6 weeks for the first fill and then generally 4 weeks in between. 

FormerlyFluffy.com

pineview01
on 10/13/14 9:20 am - Davison, MI

That was what mine were too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active