Pains

Laurena
on 9/17/14 8:21 am - Louisville, KY

I had pains where my band is for 4 days ,cramps,burping,gas,gurgling bloating,so I went to Dr today he said only 2 things could be wrong 1something is stuck in my band 2 gallbladder attack.So he took out some fluid and said if I don't feel better by tomorrow to call and he will get me an ultra sound for gallbladder which would be the problem then.I am confused why can I not tell if something was stuck in my band,surly I could feel it right?well any one had problems like me ? also gallbladder problems and what pains did you have? Thank you.

Laurena

pineview01
on 9/17/14 9:09 am, edited 9/18/14 1:08 pm - Davison, MI

When I was stuck I would foam and "throw up" gastric juices until un-stuck.  The gallbladder usually causes problems on the upper right quadrant.  A slipped band can cause those issues also.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Bette B.
on 9/17/14 11:53 am

Specific symptoms may vary based on what type of gallbladder condition you have, although many symptoms are common among the different types of gallbladder problems. But most gallbladder symptoms start with pain in the upper abdominal area, either in the upper right or middle.

Below are common symptoms of gallbladder conditions:

• Severe abdominal pain
  • Pain that may extend beneath the right shoulder blade or to the back
  • Pain that worsens after eating a meal, particularly fatty or greasy foods
  • Pain that feels dull, sharp, or crampy
  • Pain that increases when you breathe in deeply
  • Chest pain
  • Heartburn, indigestion, and excessive gas
  • A feeling of fullness in the abdomen
  • Vomiting, nausea, fever
  • Shaking with chills
  • Tenderness in the abdomen, particularly the right upper quadrant
  • Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
  • Stools of an unusual color (often lighter, like clay)

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Nic M
on 9/19/14 2:29 am

The gall bladder issues manifested with horrible upper right quadrant pain for me. The band caused tremendous pain on the left side, in my experience. The gall bladder attacks did cause gas, cramps, bloating, etc. But the band also caused those pains in my body, too. Hopefully the ultrasound will give you a more definitive answer. Hope you feel better soon, Laurena.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Laurena
on 9/19/14 2:40 am - Louisville, KY

Thank you all for your reply,just got back from the Hospital,had an upper GI..Band looks good ,also had a ultrasound for gallbladder but she could not tell me the result,have to wait for the Dr to call me.But the one who took the upper GI was a Dr and like I said he said the band looks very good.I just had some lunch and I have pains again.So I just wait will update you as soon as I find out whats wrong with me.

Have a great day..Laurena

Most Active