So few posts, just the moderators motivations

moviemum
on 10/21/14 12:49 am

I'm 4 years post op and have lost 80 lbs. 80 lbs of my own personal hard work.  Thankfully, I haven't had real serious issues with the band that so many have had and do pop into this forum from time to time to update my stats.  It's been a really slow process for me (never a weight gain) but am grateful for this tool, so far! Waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak.

One can tell that the LapBand is so 2000's because there is so little conversation going on here.  So far I have no plans for a revision surgery because it is status quo but I know I can find answers to my questions and lots to read on this site.  It's been a comfort to turn here and read from other's experiences...my experience may change in the near future it seems.

Motivation? No matter which surgery you choose, chose or are thinking about - it's about changing your life. Accepting that a major change has to occur and you can't rely only on the surgery, it's ABOUT YOU AND YOUR DECISIONS. That was really hard to accept. Once I did that, it was much easier to manage. (Eat 1/2 cup portion of anything? WHAT??!!)  

Good luck to us all!

Dejah H.
on 10/21/14 2:58 am - Central, TX

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am over 6 years post op, and I have not had any major issues. I recently had a tummy tuck to remove excess skin, and am having an arm lift in December.

It is sad to see so few of us left on the boards. :(  

Good luck in your continued success!

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Kate -True Brit
on 10/21/14 4:29 am - UK

8 1/2 years post-op here and very happy.

It isn't just because banding is becoming unfashionable that this board is quiet. About three or more years ago, a number of extremely vociferous and aggressive anti-band people started to dominate. They had reason to be bitter - they had had really bad experiences themselves but they were unable to accept that this was not inevitable for everyone. None of them still post on OH but by the time they left, they had chased away many long-term bandits. I left myself for a while but then came back to find peace had broken out!

it was truly horrible! Newly banded people would come on for advice and be told it was their own fault for getting banded and failure was inevitable. People posting successes were told it was only a matter of time before disaster struck. I was accused of being a liar and a fantasist when I said it worked for me and for many people I know in real life. 

So newcomers posting on here found the board too quiet to be helpful and went elsewhere. Many vets left and never came back. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jessicaashley1983
on 10/22/14 6:59 am

Hi there I am in the first stages towards getting lap-band and I am nervous it seems like such a toss up of wether it is successful or not. Do you feel like it helped you to lose the weight and keep it off? Do you regret getting the surgery?

pineview01
on 10/22/14 2:50 pm - Davison, MI

Great post!  The best to you in the future.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active