Holiday tips to keep the pounds off

kouts46
on 12/10/14 1:23 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to share our holiday strategies for keeping on track with our eating at this difficult time of year. Please post your ideas.....Here's mine.

I bake only 1 family favorite Christmas cookie on Christmas eve morning. Just enough for the family and some to take to relatives for Christmas dinner. It shortens the time cookies are in the house and after Christmas day all the cookies are gone. Baking is impossible for me to not eat, so I only bake once a year. My whole family has weight and diabeties problems so no one needs it anyway. I do eat the cookies! Then get back to my low carb diet. I'll gain a few pounds, but I will make sure it comes right off. Did same for Thanksgiving with pecan pie, except I bought it from Costco. What's your tricks?  Chris

Hislady
on 12/11/14 7:33 am - Vancouver, WA

I have a freezer in my garage away from the house so I put all the goodies in there because I have lung issues and can't walk that far.

kouts46
on 12/11/14 8:15 am

I'm sorry for your lung issues, but good for you for being so clever. Happy Holidays. Chris

Most Active