X-Post: Don't ignore heartburn or reflux...and here's why!

Tracy D.
on 12/23/14 3:04 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I was asked to X-post this article on the direct correlation between reflux/heartburn and cancer.  A quick read and good info! 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/when-heartburn-becom es-cancer/ar-BBgY1ws

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Hislady
on 12/20/14 5:58 am - Vancouver, WA

Thanks so much Tracy I thought as much as bandsters deal with reflux and GERD that this was good info to have over here to share!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/24/14 11:04 am

I have a good friend who died of esophageal cancer from ignoring her REFLUX.  I tell people regularly DO NOT IGNORE your Reflux.  As a lapbander I didn't have any reflux until the scar tissue built up and tightened my band until I couldn't even drink water.  My Reflux was so bad, I was having a lot of discomfort through out the day.  Thanks for posting this, I hope people read it.  There are other issues related to Reflux that are also very serious.  Cancer is just one of them.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

pineview01
on 1/7/15 10:54 am - Davison, MI

The same here.  This is one of the points I made when I appealed the once in a life time WLS to get my band removed and the vsg.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active