Very bloated & gas pressure after dye injected in my band to look for a leak.

kimkimmie
on 1/30/15 9:00 am - Jacksonville, FL

And yes I do have a leak where the port side tubing meets the stainless steel connector to connect to the band side tubing. The band filled up with at least 4 cc's of the dye, some leaked, some went in the band & I could tell it was squeezing my tummy because I felt the need to burp feeling. He took the dye out and put it back in again. Ever since I have been very uncomfortable with gas & bloating. I took gas x twice but still feels very uncomfy. Similar to after surgery when my tummy was puffed up with co2 so they could do surgery. We expect the band leak started about 3 years ago after another unrelated surgery after the skin was all moved & shifted around while my abdomen was open. I've been banded since 4/10/08 and at first lost 165 but with my gain over the past 3 years, the loss is now only 98 lbs from my highest weight. Does anyone know what could be causing the gas & bloating? I've never experienced this after a fill & over the years & even in recent months had several. Thanks in advance :)

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Hislady
on 1/30/15 2:21 pm - Vancouver, WA

It is probably just swelling from the fluid and being poked, just like after a fill sometimes it gets a little tight and swollen. I would just try to take it easy over the weekend and if it is still bad Mon. give your doc a call. Drink liquids for the first 24/48 hrs., add foods in slowly as tolerated. If any of it gets worse call sooner or go to ER.

kimkimmie
on 1/31/15 1:11 am - Jacksonville, FL

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond :)

I'm feeling much better today now that the bloating & swelling is down. I did take gas x and ibuprofen. It got worse in the night & I even got a low fever and sweaty and light headed with nausea as I tried to stand and walk to the restroom. Still very sore as I don't use my ab muscles a lot. I think I overused them as I tensed up with fear prior to the injection being that I was still sore in that area from my fill attempt 2 weeks earlier. Overall much better than last night. Thanks for the great advice. Have a wonderful weekend :) 

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Kate -True Brit
on 1/30/15 5:11 pm - UK

Sorry you are in discomfort. I can't help as when I had the same procedure I had no after effect at all. I also had a leak and the repair was very straightforward and I have had no prblems since (about 4 years ago). 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kimkimmie
on 1/31/15 1:14 am - Jacksonville, FL

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) overall much better now, thank goodness. Still a bit sore but I think it's just from tensing my muscles up so much prior the the fill. I am appreciative as your reply as it gives me hope I can get moving in a positive direction again & that I havent reached the end of my weight loss attempts :) regaining has been very disheartening but at least now I know the reason why. Continued success to you. Have a great weekend. :)

~Kim 

Most Active