Weigh****chers

vlp1968
on 3/2/15 10:30 pm

Hi, joined Weigh****chers last week.  I hemmed and hawed about the price, and then got an email with a great deal for the first 3 months.  I went to 2 meetings and found them very motivational.  I am following my "band friendly" diet, but the support feels great already. 

Kate -True Brit
on 3/3/15 12:40 am - UK

I know of several banded people who follow WW, Kathkeb, for example. It works for a lot  of people - good luck! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kathkeb
on 3/6/15 2:19 pm

Yep, I rejoined WW at about 6 weeks post op and went to goal and Lifetime.

I followed my surgeons food plan, but got a lot out of the support.

My meeting had a leader who had lost over 100 pounds and she was very inspiring.  We had probably 50-75 members at every meeting, including about 15-20 'lifers'.

Unfortunately my leader quit about a year after I got to lifetime and the meeting sort of fell apart.  I miss it!

Kath

vlp1968
on 3/7/15 2:59 am

I am loving the WW meetings!  Lost 2.8 pounds my first week.  Best I've done in a while.  That's too bad the leader you liked so much quit.  If you miss it, why not try it out again.  Hopefully you will find a leader you click with.  I know there are several in my area, hopefully that's the case for you.  You could try out a few meetings and see what you think.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/18/15 6:49 pm

I joined WW for the support.  Lost 10 lbs in the first week and the facilitor scolded me for starving myself.  I admitted that I had a LapBand and that was probably what helped me.  She then told me I was not welcome there and for me to leave and not return.  She said they would never celebrate my losses because I had an unfair advantage over the others in the meetings.  I never returned.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

vlp1968
on 3/18/15 8:34 pm

I am sorry you had such an awful experience.  For you to be kicked out because of lap band surgery was ridiculous.  I think the leader sucks.  I have heard WW is anti-weight loss surgery so I haven't said anything.  To say it's an unfair advantage is crazy too, it's supposed to be about support, not a competition!  Not only that, but we all know surgery is no quick fix.  It still takes lots of hard work and a commitment.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/18/15 8:36 pm

Thank you!  I probably shouldn't have said anything, but she was scolding me about losing 10 lbs in the first week and insisted that I didn't follow the program and I would not be allowed to come back if I continued "starving myself" to lose weight. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

White Dove
on 3/18/15 8:59 pm - Warren, OH

Weigh****chers has been in the business of helping people to lose weight for more than 50 years and I have been a lifetime member for more than 40 years.

They can tell you how to lose weight.  If I go to WW meetings, it is for the inspiration and motivation.  I  never announce that I have had surgery.  I did not go when I was in rapid weight loss mode after surgery.  I did go when I had Bounceback regain three years after surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

vlp1968
on 3/18/15 9:14 pm

Nice to hear a success story.  I can't wait until I can say I am a lifetime member!  I have 45 pounds to go.  In the first 3 weeks I have los6.4 pounds.  I didn't think I would follow the program, but I have followed it ;just a little loosely.  I track my 49 weekly points for just about everything not on the superfood list.  I think it has really helped eat with some moderation.  You can use the 49 points for whatever you want, of course some things just don't work with the band.  I continue to go to 2 meetings a week.  The leader is just terrific.

White Dove
on 3/18/15 9:40 pm - Warren, OH

It is a matter of perseverance.  Get to your meetings even if you think you gained.  My weight loss goal is one pound a week.  It takes time, but I make my goals and you can make yours too.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active