have not been to a bariartic doctor in 10 years

phatgirlgonethin
on 4/20/15 4:07 am - easton, PA

So, I probably should have gone for a check up BUT, I never really needed to. Im one of those people who don't go to the doctor unless something hurts. anyway, after reading about all the slippage etc on this blog Im thinking maybe I should have. Ive been banded since 2002 and never needed a fill. I eat well, exercise and I am currently at the weight I want to be at. The band still dos the job, but Im wondering if its possible that it has slipped....I only came to this site because I am interested in getting my port removed because I dont like the way that it looks. It protrudes out of my belly that I am thinner. What does it feel like when the band slips.?

Kate -True Brit
on 4/20/15 4:27 am - UK

It hasn't happened to me but if it had slipped, I think you would know it! Basically th band doesn't move, the tissue of the stomach comes up through the band so making it very tight. So if you are eating without problems then IMO you have no slip! And if you are controlling your eating without problem, then you have no dilation above the band.

i used to go for an annual barium swallow but my doc said that there really is n need unless I feel I have issues. And I haven't needed a fill for 7 1/2 years, so I haven't seen him for ages. I did see the nurse a couple of years ago because I felt I wanted a tiny bit of saline out (mild night time reflux). 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

phatgirlgonethin
on 4/20/15 5:47 am - easton, PA

Th all you for your response! I appreciate it!

Hislady
on 4/20/15 7:11 am - Vancouver, WA

I'm very anti band but I would say if it ain't broke don't fix it! If it is working for you the way it is just leave it alone. You might want to get a fluro to check and make sure it is where it is supposed to be and no visible issues. Otherwise the more you fill and unfill the more problems you are going to have. You may just be one of the lucky ones. Usually you have some pain and or reflux with a slip but not always, hence the suggestion for a fluro but myself I wouldn't do any more than that. As for the port it should NEVER be completely removed but there is a lower profile port than what they used back in the early 2000's. You must have some way to easily remove fluid in an emergency situation so don't have it completely removed just swap for a newer one.

Most Active