TOO TIGHT

bnkrgrl
on 5/17/15 9:21 am

I had by Lap Band surget in October 2010.  I have lost 45 pounds since.  I have recently made an appointment with a new Surgeon because of this.  I honestly do not eat very much and I Yoga 3-4 times per week.  I have been STUCK at this weight for about 3 years now.  I think my band is too tight, 9cc's.  I am hoping this new surgeon will be able to remove some of the Salin and I am start over.  I do not regret the surgery, just feel like I nver found the sweet spot.  Anyone else feel like this and have success with less restriction?

Kate -True Brit
on 5/17/15 4:09 am, edited 5/17/15 4:09 am - UK

Being too tight is not only dangerous, it often slows loss as there is a tendency to graze or eat soft foods which are often higher calorie. 

Why do you think you are tight? Are you bringing food back? Getting stuck? Reflux? If it is any of those things, you need to get saline out asap.  Being too tight can cause serious and sometimes irreversible damage to your oesophagus and/or vagus nerve. 

If you have been the same weight for three years, you are eating the amount your body needs to maintain your current weight. So you need to cut calories. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

bnkrgrl
on 5/17/15 2:26 pm

I know I am too tight.  I hardly eat and what I can it is very little.  My nose begins to run almost immediately after I begin to eat.  I have an apoointment with a new surgeon on June 8.  I am hoping he will take me on as a new patient and help me find the sweet location and do this correctly.  ;-)

Hislady
on 5/17/15 5:49 pm - Vancouver, WA

I would try to get in sooner if at all possible, did you tell them you are too tight maybe you should do that and see if you can get in any sooner or get on a cancellation list. I no longer have a band because it got tight even after it was emptied all the way. Scar tissue continues to build up between the band and the stomach even with no saline in the band and eventually it gets too tight even without saline.

I have permanent damage to my stomach from the band and have something called gastroparesis where my stomach empties too slow so the food backs up and won't pass thru into the intestines. I take a daily stool softener to help some but it is really painful. So the sooner you can get some saline out the better off you will be.

I should have gotten my band removed much sooner than I did and now i can't even revise because of other health issues so del with it now while you can!! Good luck to you!

cheyenne000
on 5/17/15 8:55 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

I feel for you, I had a time when my band tightened up and I had a hard time. I had my doc un fill it for about 9 months. I had a 20 pound gain but when I refilled it did not take near as much for the band to help me. It has been 4-5 years and my band still is not even close o what I had in there at that time. Good luck hope you get in soon and get your issue resolved

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Most Active