Bye Bye Band

michele1
on 7/7/15 6:37 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Hello,

Been a long time since I have been here, I don't see many posts.

I was banded 6/08 and lost 90 pounds, did great maintaining until I had to have fluid taken out. Slowly but surely 30 pounds crept back.

Went for a yearly check up and my upper GI showed a slipped band and dilated esophagus........so good by band......tomorrow is the day, my insurance is paying for the removal but I have to pay out of pocket for the sleeve. I need some sort of tool to help me, I wish I didn't but I do.

Sad to see it go but there are certainly some things about it I won't miss lol!!!

So grateful for this site and all the support.

Bon Voyage fellow bandsters, it's been a good run!

Nic M
on 7/7/15 9:11 am

Best of luck with band removal and revision to sleeve. I hope all goes well. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

annasalazar1952
on 8/10/15 7:09 pm - Albuquerque, NM

I HAD A SLEEVE IN 2010.  YOU WILL LIKE IT OR SHOULD I SAY LOVE IT.  MY BEST ADVISE IS GET INTO A GOOD SUPPORT GROUP.  BE ACCOUNTABLE.  KEEP TO THE BASICS.  EAST PROTEIN WITH EACH MEAL ALWAYS.  I ALSO GOT A FOOD BUDDY.   STAY POSITIVE... LITTLE BY LITTLE INTRODUCE A NEW GOOD HABIT ONE BY ONE.  (THAT IS WHAT A SUPPORT GROUP IS ALL ABOUT. )  ASK FOR HELP!  LOVE YOURSELF RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE.  

GOOD LUCK

ANNA

Hislady
on 7/7/15 9:24 pm - Vancouver, WA

Head on over to the sleeve forum there are some very great folks over there too, get to know them too. You'll find many ex bsndsters over there too, many of us have had to either have our bands removed or revise to another surgery. It happens to the best of us even those who followed the rules to the letter. You'll do great with the sleeve!

judeloren
on 7/8/15 7:40 am

that's good they are doing them together. I called my dr. they told me i have to have the band out and then wait 6 months for the sleeve.. wi**** was all at once.

cheyenne000
on 7/9/15 5:13 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

Welcome back! hope all went well with your surgery, Keep us posted on how you are doing

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

michele1
on 7/12/15 5:36 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Thank you everyone the well wishes before surgery helped!!!! My band was removed, hernia I didn't know I had repaired and of course the sleeve done, I feel like I wa**** by a truck lol. Much better than the the 20 hours after surgery, I had severe nausea and vomiting....no harm to the sleeve though accordingto the upper gi. So I am on the mend and once again can't thank you all enough for the support!!!!. 

Most Active