for those who had a band slip

judeloren
on 8/5/15 7:33 am

i have really bad heartburn nothing is making it go away. I also have a cough that wont quit. i feel like my band is so tight i need it adjusted but i know there is no fluid in it and i am so miserable. the pain got worse when they let all of the fluid out of my band even. i can eat fine ( no restriction that i can tell) but when i do i feel nausea.  the Dr's office said might be a slip and i have to do an upper gi on Monday. i just wondered if anyone had a similar experience? Does this sound like a slip to you? i guess i am kinda hoping they find something is wrong so i can get it treated and get rid of this pain. its not severe pain but i am constantly aware of it and very uncomfortable.

chinadoll12
on 8/5/15 7:04 pm

I have stomach cancer I would ask for an upper endo

judeloren
on 8/6/15 8:24 am

im sorry to hear that! do you have the same symptoms?

Hislady
on 8/5/15 11:20 pm - Vancouver, WA

You most definately need an endoscopy to see what is going on inside. It could be a slip it could be ulcers it could be a lot of things  but I would suggest you start checking with your insurance to see what you need to do to get it out and revise if that is your choice.
This is a bad situation because it sounds like severe GERD and that can cause a great deal of damage if you don't get the band out in the near future.

judeloren
on 8/6/15 8:26 am

thanks! i'm hoping this will speed insurance up!

monymony
on 8/7/15 7:25 am

Hi, you also might have a hernia that needs to be fixed. It is not normal to hurt like this. Don't let your surgeon sit on this. It needs to be taken care of. I had to have surgery because I couldnt swallow my spit. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

judeloren
on 8/7/15 8:02 am

thanks thats is exactly what i feel like my surgeon is doing.. ive called a few more times and i just hear well need to wait for upper gi

spideygirl7133
on 8/7/15 8:47 am

I  had an endoscopy a few weeks ago and apparently my band has slipped.  The only thing I feel is really bad heartburn.  Good luck to you - I hope you get it all taken care of!

Banded 05/2008, Revision to VSG scheduled 08/12/2015! 

judeloren
on 8/7/15 9:52 am

you too! sorry to hear that yours has slipped..

michele1
on 8/8/15 12:49 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

Glad you are having the upper GI. I had a routine GI because I hadn't been to my surgeon in a year and I was gaining weight, had only occasional heartburn and vomited sometimes but only when I wasn'****ching what or how fast I ate so I thought.......

Come to find out I had a slight slip, dilated esophagus and a hernia (he said the band causes hernias).

I had to have it removed and I decided to revised to the sleeve.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Most Active