Empty band but complications

whithark
on 10/23/15 6:09 am - Bristol, RI

Hi All,

I haven't posted here in years, I hope everyone is well! After I had my twins 4 years ago I was never able to get my band to a good restriction. Actually it wasn't that effective before either (shocker right?). My band has been empty for several years. Lately I'm getting that feeling in my chest/throat like when you eat too fast when you have restriction, even got stuck a few times. A few days ago it happened again and now I have this constant sensation I can only describe as feeling a little hungry. I've heard horror stories about vagus nerve damage (Nic M?). I hope this isn't related, maybe it's just irritation from a dilation maybe. I will be calling a doctor but just curious if others have had a similar experience? I'm almost afraid to ask! I want this piece of crap out of my body!

Jaime 

Nic M
on 10/23/15 9:31 am

Hi Jaime, congratulations on your twins!

I wonder if maybe you have some esophageal dilation happening? Or esophageal spasms? Are you experiencing left shoulder pain or pain that radiates into the left side of your neck and jaw?

Good luck... hope you're able to get the band out and feel better. Definitely get some tests done to make sure you know what's going on.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Zee Starrlite
on 10/26/15 8:21 am

I wish you well with whatever is going on. Yeah, get that piece of crap out of your body! Suddenly you'll stop waiting for the giant shoe in the sky to drop on you. Lol but true. What a pain is the arse that fricken band was!

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Karen D.
on 10/27/15 10:21 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Even when my band was empty I still had a lot of restriction. I have had my band since 2006 and have had trouble for many years. We went on vacation end of July and I couldn't eat anything. I drank water the entire trip, ate frozen yogurt but anything else would stick and then I would throw it up.

I'm having revision to VSG on 11/24 because they found something going on when I swallow. Spasms or something...have to talk to my doc in a couple weeks to ask. I'm hoping revision will work. Definitely see a doctor and maybe they can do an upper GI to see what's going on.

Good luck.

sheriberi29
on 10/27/15 5:42 pm - Cleveland, TN

I I also had twins after lap banding . Ever since my pregnancy ended I began gaining weight regardless of fills. I'm up 35 lbs now from my after pregnancy weight. My upper abdomen has began getting large ... I can sometimes eat a huge huge portion of food and other times I can't swallow spit.... My insurance won't pay for ANYTHING to do with bariatric surgery.... Not even to check out my band to check for problems. I wish you luck and hope you update us on what's going on with you. I know this reply was not helpful but wanted to reach out to you as we have some things in commonð?'¶?ð?'¶?

Most Active