I'm freaking out..,Suggestions Please

mckenzie_rs
on 12/5/15 12:13 am

Literally 5 people on this earth know I have a band. I've managed to keep my secret for 10 yrs now. 

Today I had to get a pelvic X-ray and the tech said, what's that in your stomache? I don't care if he knows because I don't know him. BUT where I live is a VERY small town and my Dr. Is s personal friend also. 

So now I'm trippin'

what have you told anyone who had seen your band and asked what it was?

i realllly don't wanna tell her I'm banded

sny & all suggestions PLEASE! TIA

Debbie R.
on 12/5/15 3:27 pm - Las Cruces, NM

She is not allowed to tell anyone but it is good to let people (especially doctors) know you have it in there.

mckenzie_rs
on 12/5/15 10:31 pm

I told him and he said it didn't matter. There are doctor patient confidentiality clauses but in this town everybody talks. I figure something out. This doctor is a chiropractor so he doesn't need to know anyway. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone to such lengths to protect their secret

Monique0214
on 12/5/15 10:01 pm

Hello I'm in need of help...I'm not sure if I'm at restriction yet. I have been banded since July 9 2015 and have had four fills and I am still eating normal and always thinking about food. My Allergan band is a 10cc and I am at 7cc why am I not feeling restriction by now?

Hislady
on 12/6/15 2:50 pm - Vancouver, WA

Do they pull out the whole fill when they do your fill? That should guarantee you have the correct amount in there. If you have 7ccs in a 10cc band you should be feeling some restriction unless there is a leak in your band or tubing.

They should be able to do barium swallow to tell for sure if there is a leak. Contact your surgeon about checking for a leak. When I was at 7ccs I could barely swallow and had to have some taken out. You don't want it so tight that you are vomiting but just feeling satisfied, not stuffed feeling.

Monique0214
on 12/6/15 3:14 pm

No they are not removing the fluids every time I only had that done the very first time I went in to see if there was any fluids. When I go back on the 18th I will ask to have it removed to see and go from there. I pray there is no leak because I just got this band done four months ago.

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/15 8:48 am - NY

Relax!  You most likely do not have a leak.  Everyone is different and you may need more of a fill than others. I have the 4cc band and get good restriction at 3cc full. Everyone is different and you will do fine.  No need to borrow trouble.  Hang in there and good luck.  I am banded 8 years and 110 pounds lost.  No problems at all.

Nic M
on 12/6/15 8:59 am

Any doctor who isn't a complete bonehead will be able to figure out that a device on a person's stomach is most likely a lap band. I think you'll just have to trust the doctor-patient confidentiality in this situation.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active