WLS JOURNEY

KattattaK
on 1/8/16 11:37 am

Sooo finally my weightloss surgery journey will be continuing. I've been on a looong pause lol!!! I had lapband surgery in 2005. I lost close to 100 pounds, then my band stopped working (around 2009****pt going in for fills that would miraculousy "evaporate" within several hours. I was accused of eating around the band (shakes, ice cream, chips, etc., which was not the case at all)! Over the years, I have gone through so much. Took years before another bariatric surgeon would even agree to touch me, and he ended up being shady. After years of research, I was finally able to find info on my band and learned that there had been a recall on the needles used because they were discovered to have caused leaks. I spoke with someone at the company and received a letter to take to my surgeon(s), which I did. I was told that I could have my band/tubing replaced but would have to pay out of pocket and then get recompensated from the company. Well, I was nowhere near able to afford that surgery, so there was nothing I could do. Fastforward to open enrollment 2015. I finally made the decision to research my insurance coverage options (FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME) to find out if there was ANY WAY I could see the original surgeon who did my band so long ago. You can only imagine the joy I felt when I found out I could switch plans to see him, which I did immediately. So, I went to see my new PCP earlier this week and explained my situation to her. She put in a referrral that same day for me to see my OG surgeon. His office called me yesterday, and I have an appt to see him on the 4th of next month. Now, serious jitters and heart palpitations are present. I am SO nervous, because I now know this is the beginning of whatever else oqs to come in my wls journey. It's scary, because I haven't been seen by anyone in so long and have just kind of allowed myself to accept that I would just keep this useless tool inside my body forever. I know my surgeon is going to go ask about what I plan to do since my band will be removed, and this terrifies me, because although I need surgery, I am not at a place where I necessarily want it right now. Just not sure if I want to go through it all aaaaaallllll over agian. I feel as if this post is all over the place, but just needed to get that off my chest and wanted to share, because I have posted a bit about my experience. Hope everyone is having a great day =D

Mishyk
on 1/10/16 12:57 pm
RNY on 01/06/16

That's a tough spot to be in.   Whatever you divide I wish you peace with your decision.

Most Active