Are there any centers still doing in house finance?

julieo81
on 11/29/16 12:26 pm

I just started my journey in researching the best doctors in mt area. In my research I just found out that my employer has clauses written into our health care package so no procedures will be covered by BCBS of Texas for me. My credit it not good, and I am currently working on credit repair after a divorce and poor financial choices that followed. I have applied to United Medical Credit, Prosper, Care Credit, My Medical Loan, and one other... All denied due to my credit score. I have a credit card with a 25K line that I share with my boyfriend. We use about 8K per month and it is paid off monthly. (We put everything on the card for the cash back and points) I could use this but the interest rate is ridiculously high. I was told once upon a time that there were centers that offered in house financing. I can save up 3-4K but I am ready to do this after the first of the year. I don't want to have to wait a whole additional year to save up all the funds. I live in North Texas, but I am willing to travel a little if the doctor, center, price, and financing match my needs. HELP~ 

Hislady
on 11/29/16 6:34 pm - Vancouver, WA

I don't know of any reputable places that do in house most of them just refer you to the places you have already tried. I do know that there are places like True Results that may try to lure you in by hinting they will finance you but they are a scam outfit and have many reports of horrible treatment once they get you hooked in. Google True Results scams.

I hope you aren't looking to get a lapband because they cause a great deal of damage even when the rules are followed. Very few surgeons will even do them any more because they are not very effective. Few lose any significant amount of weight and the majority of people end up having either a revision or just removing the band and going back to dieting. I found a hi protein/low carb eating plan to be the best way to lose. which you will have to follow anyway with surgery.

Myself I ended up finally having mine removed after 7 yrs because I had only lost 20 lbs  and had horrible reflux burning my stomach and esophagus 24/7. I had to pay for the removal too because my insurance changed and no longer covered bariatric surgery. It is now 2+ yrs since removal and my guts still hurt daily from acid and slow emptying stomach which was caused by the band and will always stay that way. It causes horrible gas pains and cramping that I will have to deal with the rest of my life!

I only know of a handful of people who have had any success at all with a band most have very little weight loss no matter how hard they worked at it. I know many hundreds of people who have permanent damage from the band eroding into their stomachs and from esophageal damage. I would urge you to look at the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy which removes around 70% of the stomach. It is the same surgery used for stomach cancer and they found it also helped weight loss so started using it for that. It is a far better surgery and has much greater success in weight loss.

With all that said tho you will still need to find a way to finance a surgery so saving up maybe the only way to do that. Read the forums here and they can give you lots of information. Good luck to you!

julieo81
on 11/30/16 6:34 am

Thank you, I have not made my mind up for sure if I will go with LapBand or another option yet. Still researching and looks like I have lots of time to do so while I save up. I personally know 3 people who love the out come of their LB surgery, but know anything can happen and results will vary. So, I will continue to research, but I know for sure True Results is WAY off the list for me, just too many bad reviews. 

annie0039
on 12/1/16 4:08 pm

FYI: True Results of San Antonio Texas is CLOSED not sure about the others?? but they have been taken over by South Texas Surgeons

https://www.trueresults.com/san-antonio-tx

LilSleeved
on 12/10/16 2:31 am
I am disgusted at the fact that they still do LapBands. The damage from my band is permanent and it is something that has changed my life. It's malpractice in my mind for any WLS surgeon to continue placing LapBands

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Most Active