How long did it take to get restriction.

jules50
on 1/13/17 3:58 pm, edited 1/29/17 2:11 pm
REALIZE Band on 03/16/16

I feel like a late bloomer. I am 9 months into my lap band journey I have not lost any weight I have gained 4lbs in the last 3 months. Went in for my 5th fill today I have 7.5cc in my 10 cc realize band. I started this journey at 225 pre-opt and lost 55lbs before surgery and have not lost anything in 9 months. Seems like this is taking forever has anyone else taken this long to get restriction or even begin to loose weight?

Mell
on 1/16/17 8:29 am

I have a lap band and they fill differently.  My band puffs out and yours gets wider so if I am not mistake all my friends with realize bands took much longer and need much more fill to feel restriction.

Good luck dont loose hope try different foods to see what fills you up. And pay attention to how you cook protein, I can cook it such as to be just a bit dry so it sticks around longer but doesn't make me sick.

Good luck

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Sai F.
on 1/17/17 3:33 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

I had the band for many years. I looked at my charts and it took like 4 fills to get me proper restriction. I had a very conservative doctor. How much is he adding each time? Maybe your doctor is even more conservative? 

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

annie0039
on 1/25/17 2:59 pm, edited 1/25/17 7:00 am

"Today was the first time I have been able to feel the cold water trickle down my esophagus into my stomach (amazing feeling)."

Just to clarify things when a band is filled saline in injected into your port, it is in no way connected to your esophagus. it is actually a closed syste, usually attached to the abdominal muscles.(depending on where your surgeon placed your port) So I'm not sure what you were feeling but it's true you can feel when you get a band fill ;)

Good Luck on your continued Journey.

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/31/17 8:38 am

It's difficult to comment on your situation, Jules50.  You don't say how long after your fourth adjustment you waited to get the fifth and you say nothing about what you've been eating.  Do you know that it's up to you to eat in a way that will result in weight loss?  If you're serious about losing weight, you have to do your work.  Bands to not lose weight; people do. Even when a band is adjusted optimally -- and one must pay attention so that one does not miss the signals -- it is possible to gain by eating the wrong things, not to mention the wrong things that have never and will never be felt.

You should have been given a packet of materials at the outset.  If not, go in and get it.  My best suggestion is that you read through all the papers and then make an appointment with your practice's RD for guidance on how to make wise food choices and menu-planning.

Most Active