8 Years Out!!!

Butterfly618
on 1/17/17 12:10 pm - NJ

Hi All,

Looking for some support.  It has been awhile. I had my surgery 8 years ago on Jan 8th 2009 and in 15 months I lost 116lbs.  Then the creep started to happen.  Just 10lbs at first and I was OK then 10 more and so on until I've gained back 65lbs.  No reason for the gain, I just took my eye off the ball. Stopped doing the work.  I remember being told at a meeting by someone   "Who we were is who we will always be if we forget to keep working at being different."

I got back on track and on Jan 9 2017 I pretended I had surgery and started the 2 week liquid diet.  Followed the post surgery diet to the letter which is helping me kick the sugar and Carb addition.  I happy to report as of Monday I lost 17lbs.  Yes 17lbs in 1 week.  It was hard.  VERY HARD.  I was very VERY hungry but I kept with it and it is getting better.  I am grateful that my band still works.   I will do this until this coming Monday then I start week 3 or phase 3 puree diet for two weeks then stage 4 soft solid foods for two more weeks.  I am hoping that this will give me the weight loss to motivate me to keep going.  This is a commitment I make to myself.  Getting back on track and getting back to feeling well is what it is all about. 

Mollyringwald
on 1/20/17 7:39 am

See it can be done.  I think I will follow your lead to lose this 10lbs and get to 120.  I'm 7 years out

Sai F.
on 1/21/17 7:55 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

Such an inspiring post to getting back on track. Congratz on your success!

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

mkbd1669
on 1/21/17 9:06 pm
Lap Band on 02/14/14

I just had my first fill since 2014. I lost about 35pounds but then my port was difficult to fill. Dr. could never get more than 1cc in my band after ma y tries I gave up trying to get fills. On Friday I decided to try again this time the Dr. Did the fill under fluoroscopy he had a difficult time getting it to fill but once he did he got 3cc in my band. So now I start my mission again ! Thinking happy thoughts but definitely feeling challenged! I never thought to start the prop diet over. Great idea! I feel some restriction @ 3cc. Good luck and keep me posted on how it's going!

Brooklyn108
on 2/22/17 3:43 pm

I'm 10 years out, and just started the liquid diet again.  I've only gained back 20 lbs. in all those years, but that could be just the beginning if I don't stop it in it's tracks.  The band isn't for everyone, but it was the answer for me.

LisaCultJam
on 2/24/17 4:11 am

Hi Butterfly. 

Very inspiring post.  I'm so proud of your efforts and success.  

I'm also a 2009 baby that recently focused on getting it together.  I regained when I put life in the way of my mindfulness and by the time I checked I was 60# up!.  I recently attended a 7-week cognitive behavior program that was excellent.  It taught hoe to kill the ANTs in our life.  ANTs= Automatic Negative Thoughts.  I was hesitant to take the class because I think folks prey on our community and sell us pipe dreams and snake oil.  It was an excellent investment, I'm so glad I went. I highly recommend something similar in your area.   I'm down 50# of the 60# regain.

Thanks for the GREAT quote, ..if we forget to keep working at being different...

Proud of you, keep pressing forward. 

Lisa

Dmarah
on 3/6/17 6:03 pm

I too, had to get my head back where it belongs. My surgery was March 2008 lately haved been turning a blind eye to my 20# gain. Time to start from scrat*****luding getting back to reading posts on this wonderful website.

Your post was an inspiration and I love the quote. I'm glad to see that there are other long-term "bandits" and would love to hear from others. Some of the posts on here about scar tissue, removal and needing another WLS are a tad scary.

Best of luck on your journey!

scorpiokutie
on 3/17/17 9:03 am, edited 3/17/17 2:15 am - Baltimore, MD

Hi. Congratulations on your weight loss. I am in the same boat as you. I had band surgery February 2009, and I lost 86 lbs. I was diagnosed with MS in May 2013 and gained about 30 lbs back. I've lost some of it but I'm still not back down to where I was. I think that I'm going to try to go back on the post surgery diet. Hopefully it will help.

Tiffany

Most Active