Lap band removal

Lynn C
on 5/1/18 7:11 am

Mine did removal and Sleeve in the same surgery and I would never recommend it. Let everything heal then go back for a revision.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/17 12:52 am

Hiya, I spoke to the nurse & she said I am not big enough to be considered for RNY

My BMI is 31

I'll speak to the consultant tomorrow but is there anything you'd recommend for my BMI?

sheriberi29
on 10/26/17 1:44 am - Cleveland, TN

Consider speaking with the surgeon not the nurse . Once your band is removed , the likelihood that your BMi will climb fairly quickly without another tool in place is rather high . They are very aware of this and several of us who have been revised or converted from band to rny were indeed not very large at the time our bands were removed and replaced with a new working tool. Basically your tool is broken and you need a new tool to replace the one you were given . She may be right. However , there are more factors to be taken into consideration when deciding on revision than just simply bmi . ...... hey you may have to buy yourself a pair of ankle weights

(the latter is a joke by the way before folks jump out of the woodwork attacking me for suggesting that its insurance fraud )

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/17 1:47 am

Thanks

The band is out now. It became an emergency and needed to be done ASAP

KattattaK
on 10/26/17 6:56 pm
On October 26, 2017 at 8:47 AM Pacific Time, MiaS wrote:

Thanks

The band is out now. It became an emergency and needed to be done ASAP

Hi Mia!How did the removal go? I also have to have mine removed. It's broken in several places.

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/17 12:31 am

Hiya, oh no I'm so sorry! Did that show on a ct scan? They'll need to go in via endoscopy and remove that and then through laparoscopy to remove the port. Please get that operation done as soon as possible! You'll be on a liquid diet afterwards. Mine was a port infection. I have an open belly button now too. Pm me if you need to chat.

KattattaK
on 10/27/17 10:45 am

Mia, yes, it showed on a CT scan. I haven't felt anyproblems from it (it's been unfilled close to 10 years). I had no idea it was in this condition. I received a CT scan for something else, and the doctors saw that. So. I need it removed. I have been waiting for for my original surgeon to take my insurance again, which he now does. So, I have to request time off and get that done. Once I heal, I will decide whether or not I'd like to have the sleeve. Will definitely be PMING you!!!

AngAng
on 10/27/17 6:42 am

I had my band removed in August. Best thing I ever did. Before the band removal my Surgeon pulled all the fluid out.. so I was almost normal for a few months before surgery. I am in Michigan and went to Dr. Taylor out of Ypsilanti. He is wonderful, look him up.

AngAng

Revision Lap Band to RNY Approved 5/10/17 Surgery Date 6/6/2017

KattattaK
on 10/27/17 2:25 pm
On October 27, 2017 at 1:42 PM Pacific Time, AngAng wrote:

I had my band removed in August. Best thing I ever did. Before the band removal my Surgeon pulled all the fluid out.. so I was almost normal for a few months before surgery. I am in Michigan and went to Dr. Taylor out of Ypsilanti. He is wonderful, look him up.

AngAng, thanks, but I live all the way in San diego, Ca lol. My original surgeon who did my band is will be handling things. Haven't decided if I want the sleeve or not. We'll see...

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/17 11:55 pm

Hiya, so the band is out and I feel good!

In a couple more weeks I can start exercising

im 38 no children (yet) and no partner. I'd love to have a child but it doesn't yet seem to be happening

I struggle with being 21 pounds overweight and I don't like it! I liked the idea of the band because at least then I could adjust the restriction and eat a normal smaller meal.

Any suggestions with what to try next? Diet has always failed me. Even a week after band removal surgery I was on liquids only and didn't lose any weight. Can you eat a normal sized kids meal on the RNY?

Most Active