Ktlynn447’s Posts

Ktlynn447
on 11/5/17 9:48 pm
Topic: RE: Esophageal Dilation

Thanks guys... glad I'm not alone! So 2 days later while at work (I'm a RN in a hospital) I had sever esophageal spasms. My surgeon ended up coming in at 2 am and removed another 2 cc, leaving me with 0.5. He did not want to leave the band empty for risk of erosion. I have a follow up next week with him and am going to be adamant about wanting this band out. He is still hopeful because the band was perfectly intact on my EGD. At this point i will never have another fill out of the fear of whats happened.

Ktlynn447
on 11/2/17 1:45 pm
Topic: RE: Esophageal Dilation

I was recently diagnosed with a very enlarged esophagus. After over a year of relentless reflux, a steady weight, and minimal to no relief with conservative unfilled (2 unfilled @ 0.25 cc each) my doc decided to do an EGD. After this showed a normal band I had an upper GI. The upper GI revealed an extremely tight band, the contrast barely trickled through. Also, my esophagus was about 5x the normal size.

Essentially, all this time of not feeling full and then just vomiting was because my esophagus has been acting as a stomach. Long story short I had 5cc total in my band. 2.5 cc was removed to leave me with 2.5cc. I will repeat the upper GI in 3 months and hopefully my esophagus goes back to normal.

Has anyone else experienced this? How was your outcome? I'm worried sick that I have permanently damaged my body. Long term consequences of this could mean being dependent on a feeding tube.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any feedback or thoughts!

Most Active