msw2003’s Posts

msw2003
on 5/15/17 8:08 pm
Topic: RE: lap band removal 1 week ago

I'm getting my band removed Friday. Do you wish you had taken more time off ? Have things leveled out with pain now?

msw2003
on 5/15/17 8:03 pm
Topic: RE: Removal recovery time

How long were you off work after the removal?

msw2003
on 5/7/17 3:01 pm
Topic: RE: obera balloon outcomes / experience if you also have lap band?

I have a lap band with no fluid in it. I have not gained all the weight back lost but probably half of it. Has anyone with lap band had the obera balloon placed? if so what have been your results?

Thanks

msw2003
on 7/14/12 2:21 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone had their band removed after losing the weight?
Not same insurance.  Current insurance covers the band.
msw2003
on 7/14/12 2:10 pm
I was self pay when I had the surgery.  I don't know if having pain creates a reason for removal that insurance would pay for.  Does anyone know the criteria for medical need for removal that insurance approves?  It has been hard work to lose the weight but totally worth it.  It truely is a lifestyle change. 
msw2003
on 7/14/12 7:09 am
I actually just want to port removed as that is what is causing me problems. 
msw2003
on 7/14/12 6:05 am
Topic: RE: My Band is out
I'm envious. I had my galbladder removed 18 months ago and wanted the surgeon to remove my band or primarily the port as it becomes very tender with exercise.  General surgeon didn't want to touch it due to scar tissue and risk of infection. How long had you had your band prior to removal?  i have had mine for 6 years. 
msw2003
on 7/14/12 5:52 am
I unfilled my band many years ago out of frustration.  18 months ago i started running and eating a balanced diet and the weight melted off.  I have since ran two half marathons and am training for my first marathon in Oct 2012.  I have noticed as my running mileage goes up the area where my port is is hurting ALOT!!   Has anyone had a tummy tuck after losing weight and had the band removed?  I had my galbladder removed 18 months ago and asked the surgeon to remove the port but he indicated there was a high risk of infection as the port had developed scar tissue around it or something like that.    I'd be happy just with the removal of the port as it does get tender also when doing ab workouts (typically the next day).  Feedback requested.  Thanks
msw2003
on 3/13/11 3:41 am
Topic: RE: Port area pain due to exercise?
 Regarding the person who indicated no one wants to hear from "Negative Nancy" and that I am ramming things down your throat I would ask that you not correspond to this post.  I did not find my post negative towards the band.  It did not work for me for various reasons.  Not every technique works forever one.  People should be respectful on these boards to others, be caring, non judgemental.  I was simply asking for some feedback regarding some pain issues I am experiencing.  

I paid cash for my surgery, $13500, so don't think I didn't want this to be a success.  I also had to paid $250 for each fill in addition to the initiall 13500.  At some point you just run out of money.  My surgeon was 3 hours away and due to demands of my job, full time employment and private practice part time I opted to see an ARNP locally for fills.  My hair started to thin, maybe due to nutritional deficiets, maybe due to age, I'm 38 now and was 33 when I got the band (I think).  I don't know for sure if my band was ever got to the correct "sweet spot" descite multiple fills.  It became easier to eat foods that went down easier as I quickly got tired of running to the bathroom when food got stuck.  This was my experience, take what you want and leave the rest.  I'm glad I did not gain back every pound I lost.  So for that the band was helpful.  

A few other mistakes or changes or things I would have done differently would have been to only work one full time job.  Working 60 hours a week left no time for me.  Left no time to work out. Left no time to plan for healthier meals. I was exhausted.  Self care is vital to all people regardless of what their struggles are. 

So the leason I take away from those that have replied to this post is to not do such intensive ab work.  Its intersting as it doesn't hurt much during the workout but kicks in a few hours later.  Thank you all, including evil twin for your feedback.  
msw2003
on 3/12/11 7:57 am
 well if that is that case that totally blows!  how does one work their abs if it causes pain every time. My pain requires ibprofen or tylenol plus sleeping with a heated blanket around the area.  AUGH!!!
msw2003
on 3/12/11 7:22 am
Topic: RE: Rough Road With My Band - COMPLETE UNFILL!!!
 I would just like to get my band totally removed, no revision, but not sure how to go about this.  I have developed acid reflex after a complete unfill several months ago.  I have pain around my port area since losing weight AFTER I received  a total unfill.  Since my unfill I have lost 18 pounds.  hmmmmmm
msw2003
on 3/12/11 7:12 am
Topic: RE: Port Replacement Yesterday
 what sort of symptoms were you experiencing.  I have been experiencing pain at the site where my port is.  I'm curious.  They did an xray yesterday and nothing appears to be wrong.  
msw2003
on 3/12/11 7:08 am
 I continue to develop pain at the port site primarily after doing abdominal exercises.  I got my lap band in August of 2006, lost about 50 pounds then gained alot of it back. I was not exercising a lot during the initial weight loss.  

I had my gallbladder removed in Dec 2010 and since this time I decided it was time to make some changes.  I changed everything.  Daily workouts and food intake is now low fat, health lean grilled chicken, lots of veggies and fruit, some whole grains.  Since then I have lost 18 pounds.  I have no fluid in my band.  Gave up on the band some time ago.  

So my question is as you all have lost weight and stepped up your work out regimin did you experience any pain at the site of your port?
msw2003
on 12/27/10 10:00 am
Topic: RE: ?? reguarding Gallbaldder
 I had my gallbladder removed just this past Wednesday.  It was a piece of cake.  Prior to the removal i had to wait a few weeks to get into the surgeon I wanted.  I would suggest a diet of bland food.  I ate uncle ben's brown rice or the brown and wild rice instant that heats up in 90 seconds, applesauce, dry toast, broth, bland bland bland.  I felt awesome and actually lost 6 pounds before the surgery.  

I'm trying to figure out what to eat now that the surgery is over.  IT appears I will be forced into healthy eating which is good, low fat and high fiber.  Any suggestions on post op diet for gallbladderless people is greatly appreciated.  

I have no fluid in my band so food options are not limited.  I gave up on my band :-(.

msw2003
on 8/16/09 9:20 am
Topic: RE: Anyone tried HMR At Home?
I have done HMR program and I might tell you to be prepared for astronomical gas.  lol

The shakes are really good if you add a banana and any frozen fruit.  Good if you are an evening snacker. 
msw2003
on 8/16/09 9:13 am
Topic: RE: failing big time at lap band
Thank you all for the kind posts of encouragement and suggestions.  Im calling my surgeon tomorrow.  I may also check out a new band doctor who is local to see what his story is.  My surgeon is 3 hours away so would be ideal to find someone local.  We shall see. Am considering getting started also on some vitamin supplements.  Anyone taking supplements?

If so what are you taking and brand.  I am looking at bariatric advantage i think is the line of supplements.

msw2003
on 8/15/09 7:14 am
This is what the funny part is..........i am a therapist.  but I do not specialize in eating disorders.  This is so frustrating to me.  Thats for the feedback thus far. 
msw2003
on 8/15/09 5:04 am
I was banded Aug 2006 and have gained almost all of the weight back due to non compliance with the band. 

I have struggled with the band since i initially had some of the fluid removed and then had it all taken out and so now have maybe 3cc's in my 4 cc band. 

I have minimal restriction and follow none of the rules, primarily i drink when i eat. 

I am so frustrated as this was not a procedure covered by insurance and has been all self pay. 

I dont think gastric bypass is an alternative as i think they have similar rules for eating??  not for sure though. 

Anyone gained it all back and started over and been successful?  If so give me a shout out please!!!

msw2003
on 1/20/09 4:34 am
Topic: RE: weigh****chers?
is anyone doing weigh****chers with their band?  I never did this diet pre band but am 2 years post op and have not been following the rules and have gained back half the weight i lost initially.  Im getting a fill tomorrow and am ready to get back on track.  I really have no restriciton right now as I had a lot of it taken out. 

Thoughts?

msw2003
on 7/11/08 3:28 am
Topic: RE: good bandster food or not???
none taken.....but i have been eating chips and cheese dip for lunch for the past year and bbq wings dipped in ranch so i thought today i would try to do something different and eat solid protein and see what difference occurred. i will try the grilled wrap next time.   progress was made???????  i dunno......
msw2003
on 7/11/08 3:09 am
Topic: RE: good bandster food or not???
i have been eating everything i am not supposed to eat so it slides thru my band.  Trying to get back on track here. is this a good option or too much fat? 99 cent menu at wendy's crispy chicken sandwich (patty only) cal 180 fat 11 grams protein 12 grams portion size the size of a deck of cards.   Thoughts?
msw2003
on 7/11/08 1:48 am
Topic: RE: too tight or not tight enough?
lol i like that "its stomach surgery, not brain surgery"  lol
msw2003
on 7/11/08 1:03 am
Topic: RE: can you start losing again 2 years post op?
i have gained 15 pounds in the last year due to being overfilled I now believe.  I am planning to get some fluid taken out so i can attempt to eat the bandster way.   I am wondering if all hope is lost.......... Anyone totally screw up, never reached goal, got back on track after two years and made it to their goal weight?   AUGH!!!!!!!!
msw2003
on 7/10/08 11:25 pm
Topic: RE: too tight or not tight enough?
I have an appt later today to get a fill.  I was going to try this gastro graffin which is supposed to make your band tighter as it is a heavier fluid.  I have a 4cc band and have 4.25ccs in it and have had as much as 5cc's in it at one point. Im not sure know what to do.  Some protein I can eat while other things I can not.  For example, last night i was barely able to eat much rotisorri chicken and then tried to eat some corn on the cob and pb'd big time.....after a couple of bites.   However, if i eat friend chicken and i take off the fried part..........i can eat two thighs.   I have not been following the band rules and eat things that go thru easily like chips and cheese dip, bbq wings with ranch (i can eat 6-9) , these have become my staples it seems.   I can eat two pieces of pizza but I eat the toppings first dipped in ranch and then the crust of original papa johns pizza but i have to dip it in the garlic butter for it to go down.  Dry bread typically wont work.   However, I can eat lo mein from the chinese place but probably because its cooked in oil?   I wonder if I need to actually have some of the fluid removed and try to eat the solid protein vs stuff that goes down easy.   hmmmmmmmm   Thoughts?
msw2003
on 7/7/08 12:14 pm
Topic: RE: gastro graffin fluid in your band?
hmmmmmm i wonder why so many doctors office's have their PA's and ARNP's doing the fills. 
Most Active