LadyDi50’s Posts

LadyDi50
on 3/29/17 7:41 pm
Topic: RE: band removal-weight gain

Hi all. Haven't been on here for quite awhile and had a few questions. I had to have my band removed in August. It had flipped and grown into my liver. I was having a lot of "stuck" episodes and throwing up several times a day. Since it's removal, I've been fine, but gaining way to much weight back (nearly 50 lbs). Revision is not an option for me. Any suggestions? I'm hungry all the time.

LadyDi50
on 7/17/15 1:45 pm
Topic: RE: lapband repositioning

Hi all. Have a question...yesterday I had surgery to reposition my slipped lapband, and today I'm absolutely starving. Didn't eat much yesterday with taking pain pills and all, but should I be starving already???

LadyDi50
on 3/22/12 1:29 pm
Topic: RE: Exercise done today
Hi Kath! I'm an avid dog walker too. Sometimes 3 or more times a day. Good for both of us! See you reached your goal weight! Congratulations!

LadyDi50
on 3/22/12 1:15 pm
Topic: RE: I'm back!!
Hey Sabrina! Glad to see you back on here. I've been away from here for a long time too. I've missed the much needed support this site offers. Just wanted to say hi lady! Maybe I'll see ya around town!

LadyDi50
on 5/29/10 12:18 pm
Topic: RE: Anybody out there had a total knee replacement??
I'm glad to hear you did so well. Wow, doing both on the same day, What a trooper!! And here I'm dreading one!  I'm glad to hear the pain was minimal for you. Hope it's the same for me. Good luck to you!
LadyDi50
on 5/29/10 10:07 am
Boy, you really had a time of it didn't you?!  I hope all is well with you now.  I've gotten to be a big baby since the panni removal. Even though I haven't really had alot of pain with it, it's taken it's toll. I'm so tired all the time. I need to build my strength back up berore I have my knee surgery. I'm 51, not a young chick anymore, so it's taking a little longer to recuperate. Thanks for the info, and best of luck to you!
LadyDi50
on 5/29/10 9:57 am
Thanks so much! I see you'll be getting your band very soon. Best of luck to you too!
LadyDi50
on 5/29/10 5:22 am
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad they're both doing well, gives me hope!
LadyDi50
on 5/29/10 12:14 am
I'm supposed to have my left knee done at the end of August. I'm just wondering how painful it is. I had a panni removal/tummy tuck May 4th and have really had no pain with that except for an infection that set in. Don't know how a knee replacement would compare, but if anyone has had one I would appreciate some info. Thank you.
LadyDi50
on 5/9/10 8:24 am
Topic: RE: tummy tuck over and done with!
Hi! My experience hasn't been bad at all. I was in hospital 3 days, came home, very mild discomfort. The hardest thing for me is not being able to get comfortable enough to get a good nights rest. Otherwise, I can't complain much. The surgery removed about 4 1/2 pounds off my tummy, but my weight is up just like you said. I am very swollen.  I'm anxious to see the end results when the drains are gone, and the swelling goes away!
LadyDi50
on 5/8/10 5:24 pm

Hi! My insurance did cover 100%, I have United Healthcare. As far as the pain, it hasn't been real bad surprisingly. I had an on Q pain ball hooked into me which pretty much numbs the area, plus whatever painkiller was coming into my IV. I take a pain pill every 6 hours now that I'm home, it keeps me pretty comfortable. The most uncomfortable thing right now for me is having to sleep on my back. I'm not a back sleeper! Good luck on your journey!

LadyDi50
on 5/8/10 2:47 pm
Hi all! I went in for a tummy tuck Tuesday, came home on Friday. Hadn't quite reached goal weight, was just wondering if any of you had had a tummy tuck and went on to lose another 20 lbs. or so and what the end results were like after  that loss. I'm still hoping to get to goal somewhere down the line. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

LadyDi50
on 3/2/10 4:37 am
Topic: RE: Am I gaining because of bananas?
I'm a creature of habit, and every morning I have a glass of chocolate milk (made with splenda, 90 calories), a south beach high protein cereal bar, and a banana. I've never had a fill, had my surgery in August "09", and so far I've lost 70 pounds. I love fruit, so I also usually have a clementine, some grapes, and some apple in a days time too. I mostly eat  meat, cheese, eggs, and fruit. I haven't had a stall yet, knock on wood, so the fruit hasn't hurt my weight loss yet. I do water classes and weight machines at the YMCA 3-5 times a week, which I'm sure helps tremendously. Fruit could be a problem for some, but not for me so far. Good luck to you!

LadyDi50
on 2/15/10 12:54 am
Topic: RE: Confessional: Who needs a boot in the a$$?
Forgive me lapband, for I have sinned! Chocolate demons called to me, and I surrendered. I had 2 heart shaped reeses peanut butter cups, several mini candy bars, hershey kisses, and then started on peanut butter and several crackers!  I deserve a severe ass kicking, but please be gentle, I'll try not to sin again,,,,,,too soon!

LadyDi50
on 2/11/10 10:21 pm
Topic: RE: Confused
All I can say is, personally, Old (eating) habits die hard, and I'm only human! Good luck on your journey!

LadyDi50
on 2/10/10 12:14 pm
Topic: RE: BETTE........when do you
Hi! Bette's had the *****fest goin' on today! It's not too late to jump in there and get your *****in' on!
LadyDi50
on 2/9/10 1:29 am
Topic: RE: pouch question
I was just wondering...if you've never had a fill,  can you stretch your pouch or have a slip from eating too much?

LadyDi50
on 2/7/10 10:26 am
Topic: RE: Hi all, new lapband friend ;)

Welcome  Tamra, glad to have you on board! You've definitely come to the right place to "meet" some new friends.  Everyone on here is so friendly and supportive. They'll see ya through whatever ails you! Don't feel guilty about a little slip now and then with the guilty pleasures, in your case, the guac and fries. None of us are perfect! We all have our days, we all slip up now and then. Most say to pick yourself back up, bru**** off and try to do better the next day. Good luck to you friend!

LadyDi50
on 2/5/10 11:45 pm
Topic: RE: symptoms of ?
I've noticed the last few days that I've had kind of a heaviness in my upper chest when I eat and drink. I've been burping more than usual too. No pain really, no sliming or anything. Does this sound like anything I should worry about? A slipped band or anything? I see my doc on Tuesday, so will mention it, but would appreciate any input from someone who's experienced the same thing. Thanks ahead of time for any input. Won't be home, so check here later.

LadyDi50
on 2/5/10 8:57 am
Topic: RE: way OT: paranormal?
Does kinda give you a chill, doesn't it? So many things can happen with no explanations. Makes a believer out of alot of people when something actually happens to them, even the diehard disbelievers. Thanks for sharing.
LadyDi50
on 2/5/10 8:37 am
Doesn't sound weird to me at all, I am a believer! I've read children can be very psychic at a young age. I started reading alot on the paranormal after my dad died, looking for some comfort, answers, I suppose. I did have a dream about my dad, that he came walking in the house looking younger and healthier, and said to me " I didn't die, I was only hurt". I've always taken comfort in that, believing he was letting me know  he was okay, and that he was "alive", it was only his physical body that was hurt. I like hearing about others experiences, just makes me more of a believer. Thanks for your reply.
LadyDi50
on 2/5/10 7:17 am
I've been reading a book on the paranormal. Just out of curiosity, any believers out there? Any  personal experiences? May seem kooky, just wondering.
LadyDi50
on 2/3/10 11:08 am
Topic: RE: 6 weeks perfect and tonight I grazed...
Don't feel bad, we all occasionally "fall off the wagon". Nobody's perfect. Unfortunately, the lapband surgery isn't a cure all for emotional eating, and we can all fall victim to it at any given time. My granddaughter  wanted chocolate chip cookies today, so of course I gave in and baked them. Due to some stress I've been dealing with lately, I ate a good amount of cookie dough, and about 6 baked cookies to boot. Now I feel like crap, with nobody to blame but myself.  I didn't have to eat them just coz they were there, but I sure couldn't resist!! I won't beat myself up over it though,  one lapse in judgement isn't going to ruin everything I've accomplished so far, and the same goes for you. Tomorrow's a new day. Good luck!!

LadyDi50
on 2/1/10 9:39 am
Topic: RE: Jean's Bra Clinic - Introduction
Can't wait Jean! I only have 1 bra that fits me halfways decent right now, but gonna wait for your next post so I can learn to measure myself and get the correct size!

LadyDi50
on 2/1/10 9:23 am
Topic: RE: Setting a mini-goal for myself
All right!! You'll be there in no time! I set a mini goal to get down to 150 before my birthday on the 10th of this month, I was at 159 at my last appt. on the 12th last month.  Right now I'm at 152.6. Hopefully I'll reach my goal (be nice to go a pound or 2 below) coz  I'm gonna have a huge piece of chocolate cake! I know I shouldn't reward myself with food, least of  all chocolate cake, but darn it, it's for my birthday , and I'm having it!! Good luck to you! You're gonna make it!!

Most Active