I have sleep apnea..

Holliewheeler
on 9/19/07 11:45 pm - leominster, MA
Well, I got a call from NWH today saying i missed my mondays appt for my sleep study, Well i missed it because i was told the first night, i didnt have to it done. So i got this lovely call saying i tested positive for apnea. and now i need to go tonight.which made me nervous, and having No support from my husband on this one. I told him and he just blows it off saying no you don't like he could care less, and this was the same thing when i have GD(Gestastion diabetes) and he just said not the doc are wrong you dont have that, very nasty about it and the same here.If he got his PHD then maybe i take his Advise.
KellyMASS
on 9/20/07 12:47 am, edited 9/20/07 12:48 am - MA
Hi Hollie,.. sorry to hear that you have sleep apnea.. but make sure you go tonight or they'll postpone your surgery and you don't want that. I was told that if I didn't hear from them then I didn't have to go ... but I checked with DR. P office and they called the sleep study and found out for me the day before or I would have had to go back for another study. You're lucky they are getting you in tonight. .. Other than that how is everything else going?  
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

ks4
on 9/20/07 3:39 am - Fitchburg, MA
I had both my sleep studies done in Leominster so I wouldn't have to travel all the way to NWH.  I have sleep apnea as well and would never had known if I didn't go through with wls.  The sleep studies are a real pain and it's really hard to actually sleep with all the stuff they wire up to ya, but obviously necessary.  Good luck to you. Kendra

Girl ..
on 9/20/07 9:59 am - MA
Hi Hollie.  How deos this affect your surgery?  or does it?  I never had to go for that test. 
Lesliewith2girls
on 9/25/07 6:32 am - West Warwick, RI
I have SA too.  they found out because I had a "suspect" EKG and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with my heart.  Sleep apnea affects your breathing, causes chronic pain and chronic fatigue.  It weakens your heart and makes you forgetful as you are only getting minimal oxygen to your brain all night.  I got the CPAP machine and have been able to get through a whole book without my mind wandering for the first time in about 5 years!  Don't give your husband's reaction another thought, you have plenty of support from us.  He will figure out how serious this is, and get on board.  A lot of times the SA goes away with weight loss too, you lose weight in your neck and the airway clears.  Something to look forward to! Leslie
Holliewheeler
on 9/25/07 9:51 am - leominster, MA
Yeah my hubby is doing good now he flipps out when i lay on my back because thats when i stop breathing, so it ok now. i get my machine in about 2 wks.
Lesliewith2girls
on 9/25/07 10:18 am - West Warwick, RI
Be sure to tell them you want the nose piece only, not the face mask.  Those made me chlostrophobic.  Mine is like little straps that go around your head, and then a plastic piece that fits in your nose.  It has a button that allows for a "ramp up speed" so you are blasted off the bed with air coming through.  It really made me choke at first until I learned to use the ramp.  Also, they have some that have humidifiers which are wonderful.   You will get used to it, believe me.  One night I woke up and my body felt so heavy on the bed, I couldn't believe my mind was awake.  I never thought I would feel like that again.  It was a good feeling knowing my body was finally at ease.  Best of luck with your machine.  It is just one step in the journey and really, you will get a better sleep for it. 
Holliewheeler
on 9/25/07 10:25 am - leominster, MA
I have both i hate the Nose only i am a mouth breather so i only can have a full mask. and thats all. YUCK i felt like i was dying with the nose piece
Lesliewith2girls
on 9/25/07 10:35 am - West Warwick, RI
Well, everyone is different!  I grind my teeth so my mouth is so firmly clenched you couldn't get it open with a crowbar! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 608 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2178 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4361 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4487 views