Bypass at UMASS in Worcester

lily22
on 9/16/14 9:23 pm

Hi has anyone had the bypass or is doing the steps for WLS at UMASS ???? I am just curious if they had to do special test or will the surgeon send you for the test once I see him/her ???? Want to know what to expect. Some people say no that I should have been sent for test by now but I would like to know from people who have done the classes and procedure at UMASS ????? Help please. Thanks.

Mary Gee
on 11/2/14 5:27 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Sorry you didn't get any responses Lily - this board is pretty much inactive.  I generally use the General Discussion forum, or the VSG forum.

What stage are you at?  Are you having bypass or sleeve surgery?

I attended the November 2013 orientation meeting, and had VSG in May 2014.  Have you gone to orientation yet, or met with the WC's doctor (not surgeon)?  

Don't know what you mean by "special test".......

Here's what I had to do:

Orientation, meeting with medical doctor to review options (ie surgery or diet), four informational meetings, consult with nutritionist, psych eval, sleep apnea testing.  Was supposed to meet with exercise consultant but that "slipped through the cracks".  I had to have cardio clearance because of heart problems.  Also had to provide insurer with documentation re six month weight loss program.  Then meeting with surgeon.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 606 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2177 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4361 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4486 views