Getting sleeved this Wednesday and I have a few questions!

beachbum75
on 1/12/15 8:09 am
VSG on 01/14/15

Hey sleevers!  I'm getting sleeved this Wednesday by Dr. McCluney at St. Elizabeth's.  So excited and so nervous! This has been a VERY long process and I'm just so glad the day is almost here.   I'm hoping some of you veterans might be able to answer a few things for me.

-I quit smoking last month and I'm 3lbs over my recommended weight -will they still sleeve me?  I'm going to try like crazy to lose 3lbs in 24 hours-but it looks doubtful.

-What was St. Elizabeth's like?  Are the rooms private or shared?

-What did you bring with you- I've already packed my kindle, moisturizer, chapstick and gas-x strips.  Anything else you wish you'd brought or couldn't live without?

-What was your best go-to food for the first 2 weeks?  I've got a bit pot of turkey bone broth simmering away right now and i'll have some of that served warm with protein powder everyday.  I don't care for bouillon or cup of soups-so I made my own.  I've also got cream of wheat, SF jello, popsicles and pudding.  I'll start browsing for more stage 2/3 recipes now.

Thanks for reading!  Wish me luck!

Jeanicewlkins
on 9/18/16 7:23 pm

Hi ,I'm new here also ,I have a couple of questions I would like to ask as well ..I hope someone responds,,,I was told that you have quit smoking 3 months prior to surgery ..I have no idea when my surgery date is yet ,but I've done all the meeting , everything required ,still see the nutritionist once a month ..my question is ,did anyone quit the full 3 months as required and If you didn't ,were you still able to get the surgery ..? Hope someone can help me out with ..Thanks 

Grim_Traveller
on 9/20/16 9:46 am
RNY on 08/21/12

If they required you to quit smoking, quit now. There are a LOT of serious consequences when recovering from surgery if you are a smoker. It puts your life in jeopardy. Your doctor will likely give you a nicotine test the morning of surgery, and if you test positive, they will not operate. The same goes for e-cigs, patches, and gums. Anything with nicotine in it is dangerous and will cause you to flunk the test.

This may be hard, but it is for your own safety. Good luck.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Jeanicewlkins
on 9/26/16 5:24 am

Thank you so much ,this is very helpful .

Jeanicewlkins
on 9/26/16 5:25 am

Thank you so much ,this is very helpful .

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 606 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2176 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4361 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4486 views