New Here

randi0516
on 2/21/16 11:17 am

I am new here and in the process of getting my testing out of the way. I have seen Weight Management, nutrition, and I go for my barium test tomorrow. My therapy appointment is later this week too. I am working with Dr. Takla and my surgery will be at Winchester Hospital. I have gone through the forum a bit and haven't seen any one who has gone there. I am very excited to have the surgery but a little nervous about my doctor because he is young and new to the hospital it seems. I seem to have all my appointments set up and I am working on eating better now and hopefully I can lose enough so that will continue going forward. 

I have been trying the protein shakes for breakfast that were recommended and they weren't bad they remind me of slim fast shakes. Eating has been a pain for me I work in a day care and take care of infants. So I have very little down time to eat or snack. I am nervous to go back to work after surgery and have issues with eating like I am suppose to. Any hints and help you can pass on that would be great. 

Also if people have work out programs that you follow could you pass those along too? I don't move much when I get home because I am so tired but I think if I start moving my 2 year old with work out with me. She is consistently moving and running and I have a hard time keeping up with her.

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Randi 

Maronita
on 2/28/16 11:17 am

Welcome to the forum!  I had my surgery in 2012 and have maintained a one hundred pound weight loss (LAP Band surgery).  My surgeon was Dr. Hess @ Boston Medical Center.  First off, it is recommended that you do NOT go back to work straight-a-way.  You should plan on staying out of work for at least a week and possibly two weeks.  During the first week you should NOT be lifting a gallon of milk or more!!! Obviously this means NO lifting children!  I would recommend walking around the block at first after surgery and then maybe increasing exercise routine.  Maybe you have an excercise/dance routine on a DVD that you could move along with for exercise?  For at least the first month you will NOT be eating other than having the liquid/soft food diet.

Maronita

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 604 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2175 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4360 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4486 views