Fractured Rib

Kjmollyo
on 7/28/12 1:35 am
RNY on 01/23/12
 Well it turns out that this pain and growing mass on my left side is actually a broken rib and hematoma. Dr Vergis said it could have been broken during last surgery.  Thats when the pain started and they kept telling me it was because a big muscle was cut.  At least its not affecting my surgery!  Dr Vergis said hes never been so happy to see a broken rib-whew.  Ok that being said-does anyone have suggestions for the pain?  I am limited to tylenol es due to allergies.  The pain is worse than any I've had so far.  Help!

Current Weight 118 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/12 1:52 am
have you tried toradol.thats what they gave me in hospital for pain.
Kjmollyo
on 7/28/12 2:26 am
RNY on 01/23/12
 Is that an nsaid-he said I couldnt take nsaids.  If it isnt do I need a prescription or is it over the counter?  I remember they gave me that after ny rny but they wouldnt give it to me after the perf.  I also remember it worked really well.  Thanks

Current Weight 118 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/12 2:30 am
its a script.dr.vergis/hardy gave it to me in hosp.i also had it for last surgery.what about morphine.can you take thata.they also gave that to me in hospital
alle
on 7/28/12 5:15 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Yikes I saw you guys checking it out during the m&g but I wasn't sure what you were doing so I didn't say anything.  I hope it heals quickly and you get some relief soon,  Feel better!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
rainyone
on 7/28/12 1:00 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
 Wow ! At least you know what it is.  God, you've been through so much, upu are über tough! 

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Tanya W.
on 7/30/12 12:09 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Oh my goodness! It seems like there is not end to the complications. I am happy that they have finally found the source of your pain but I am so sorry that you are in such pain. I hope that they help you find something that works for you.

Take Care,

Tanya

Most Active